Chapter One: Raid: Danny

Figment.com: http://figment.com/books/122860-Ryder-s-Angel

Official Site: http://www.wix.com/windclanwarrior/rydersangelnovel

Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUW-o1Sx5OM

My Tumblr: http://wolflover42.tumblr.com/

My Official Website: http://www.wix.com/windclanwarrior/wolflover42

Chapter One: Raid: Danny

“Go!”

The shout from Angeline was the signal.

I started off in a sprint, and then jumped into the air. The hot shiver exploded down my body, and then I wasn’t human anymore. The guards didn’t even have time for a double take as the massive black wolf plundered them to the ground with a snarl. I darted past guards, past blaring red sirens. Intruders! it screamed, intruders!

The guards, dozens and dozens of them, shouted above me, shooting their bullets at me with their puny guns. I dodged each and every one with reckless precision. They couldn’t touch me. But as I dashed toward my destination, the sirens got louder. Ahead of me, a massive door the size of a small house was closing down from the high ceilings. With the gold and black striped tape, they were coming down fast.

This was our third try getting in here, and I wasn’t going to make it a fourth. Snarling, I sped up, morphing into a cheetah. I zipped under the door just as it almost smashed me.

Panting, I slowed down – much too soon. I heard more frantic footsteps. “Run!” I heard a child’s voice yell. Then there was a scream and a thud. I ran.

There, ahead of the second door, was a part of my mission group – Kayla, a nine-year-old girl with the power of invisibility. She was standing there watching another member run on to the main engine room. Her hands up in fearful surrender, she stared up in horror at two guards pointing their guns at her. They were high in the air on metal platforms, calling for reinforcements.

There was no way I would let her die. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw me and turned slightly, unable to escape. If she turned invisible now, the guards would shoot and it would be all over.

“Stay where you are!” snapped the guard. But then he grunted and fell over as a flash of white flew into him. Angeline. A second later, the other guard fell as he was blown into the wall by a sonic scream, which raked my ears and reverberated in my head.

But I kept running, and then Kayla hopped onto my back. We cleared another door and then skidded to a stop where Angeline and the other girl met up, the two who vaporized the guards. Kayla jumped off and I morphed into a human.

Angeline pointed to my left. “The engine room is that way,” she shouted over the sirens. We nodded grimly, bracing ourselves. “Is everyone okay?”

A massive explosion that knocked us off our feet interrupted Angeline. Screams of terror erupted from the guards as they fell off the metal walkways above us. We jumped up, heat searing our bodies, and wasted no more time. There wasn’t a second left to wonder who caused the explosion or who died. We darted along hallways, dodged bullets, and picked up members of our group as we flew to the engine room.

As we rounded a short corner, we skidded to a halt. Kayla whimpered. In front of us, guarding the engine room’s metal door, stood armed robot guards. Their red laser eyes penetrated me like an x-ray vision, so void of emotion. They had titanium armor and loaded machineguns built into their arms, and were at least eight feet tall.