Chapter 42

"You seem to be getting the hang of things. You haven't broken anything all week." A slight smile crossed my lips as I set some dishes in the sink, my shift coming to an end. 

"Well, I've had a good teacher." A grin spread on Skylar's lips, his chest puffing out much like a bird wanting to show off.

"What can I say? It's a gift." A slight laugh left my lips as I dried my hands off on my apron. 

"So's your modesty." Skylar's eyes narrowed ever so slightly at me, a little 'hmph' leaving his lips as he decided to ignore my comment.

"Are you scheduled to come in tomorrow?" I nodded, taking a seat beside him as I waited for Sasuke to pick me up.

"Yeah, but not until later in the evening since I start school tomorrow."

"Ah, high school. Just a bunch of bitches, rumors, and awkward sexual encounters." Skylar let out a sigh as if reminiscing. Though, his brow rose in question to the light blush that crossed my cheeks. "What? Don't tell me you haven't tapped that fine piece of ass yet." I could feel my blush darken as I adverted my gaze.

"I'm not going to discuss this..." A laugh met my ears.

"That poor man. I could give him what he needs." Another laugh left his lips as I shot a glare in his direction. Luckily, Sasuke showed up just at the right time so I wouldn't have to discuss this any further. "Don't hold out on me girl! You need to get his brother to come in!" I just brushed him off as I quickly made my way over to Sasuke.

"Have a good day?" Sasuke questioned, placing a small kiss on my lips before we made our way to his car.

"For the most part." Sasuke gave me a questioning look but didn't push the topic any further. "What time are you picking me up in the morning?" I asked as Sasuke pulled into the driveway of my place.

"Six. We have to stop by the gym to get our schedules first." I gave him a slight nod as we got out of the vehicle.

"How long before you have to be home?" A slight smile crossed my lips as Sasuke wrapped his arms around my waist, placing a kiss on my neck, as soon as we got into the house.

"Not long enough." A laugh left my lips as Sasuke continued to litter my flesh with kisses, tickling me.

"Let me change out of my work clothes and I'll make us something for dinner."

"... Fine." Sasuke grumbled into my neck, leaving one last kiss behind before he reluctantly let me go. Smiling, I placed a soft kiss on Sasuke's cheek before making my way back to my room.

Taking off my uniform, I quickly changed into a pair of sweats and a t-shirt before putting my uniform in my backpack since I had to go to work after school was over. Once that was all settled, I made my way into the kitchen to find Sasuke looking through the cupboards to see what I have.

"Did you figure out what you want?" A smile crossed my face as Sasuke's dark orbs looked over at me, taking in my appearance, before looking back at the cupboard and taking spices out.

"Yeah. It looks like you have everything for it." Sasuke replied, gathering all of the supplies. I walked over beside him, noticing the open cookbook on the counter. My eyes darted across the page, reading the details of what he wanted to make. Tomato basil penne, huh? It looks simple enough. I'm glad we're making use out of his birthday present.

After an hour or so and a few arguments between Sasuke and I, him wanting to alter the recipe and me wanting to follow the directions, we finally finished cooking and sat down for a nice dinner. It was pleasant, really. Sasuke even helped me clean up afterwards and then we got some cuddling time in, watching tv before he had to go home. Honestly, I can't wait until he can move in with me.