Forgiveness

Grief. It was all Ichigo could feel or think of as he pulled Zangetus out of you. Your body limped lifeless into his arms as Ichigo could only think of was screaming your name. Orihime's eyes widen in fear and shock and when straight to work, putting her healing barrier over your body. Ichigo could feel your spirit energy draining slowly form you as it pounded into his head and what he had done.

He remembered your hand holding the side of his face which was covered up by his mask. The echo of your words rang inside his mind. He burst into tears just as Rukia and Renji came down. He didn't care. All he cared about what you, and he hurt you, promising he would protect you with his life. Instead he was killing you slowly and painfully. Your own pain became his as he stared at your pale body and the wound where he stabbed you in.

"Ichigo!" Rukia called out while running up to the weeping man. "Ichigo! What happened?"

Rukia stopped right on her tracks once she saw Ichigo was sobbing over. Renji came by and snapped his mouth shut at the scene too. The hollow inside Ichigo went silent along with very one else as Ichigo's sobs echoed loudly off in the distance.

Uryu and Chad came limping over to see what was happening, and stopped to stare in shock at your lifeless body.

Orhimie's face paled at the sight as her healing wasn't working. "I-It's not working! I don't know why! Her spirit energy isn't recovering fast enough!"

Ichigo stopped sobbing as he griped his black soul reaper kimono painfully in his fist. "S-She can be saved... I just know... (y/n) can't die on me..."

The eyes of Rukia scanned over you. Her hatred completely gone and replaced with compassion over you. She opened up her flip phone and started dialing a number who knew could also heal (y/n).

It rang twice before the familiar voice of hat and cogs came through loud and clear. "Miss. Kuchiki, I felt Ichigo's spirit energy suddenly soar down, what happened?"

Rukia swallowed the lump in her throat as she felt ice jabbing at her side. "Urahara, we need medical attention."

The line was silent for a second before sounding with life again. "I see. Bring them over and I'll have Tessai heal them."

"Alright." Was all Rukia said before snapping her phone shut. "Ichi-"

"I heard." He said while gently grabbing your limp body into his arms. Your body looked so pale that anyone could mistake you for ghost at this point. Sorrow filled up Ichigo's entire body as your blood soaked his clothes.

Orihime held onto Rukia as Uryu and Chad said they would walk their while the rest of the group all silently flash-stepped to Urahara's shop; with Urahara waiting outside. He lifted up his hat to see your bloody body. He had never seen you before, but knew you were human as he led the group inside.

Your breathing was shallow and light as Ichigo set you down on the flat bed they had as Tessai started his work. He replayed the images inside his head again. Him hurting Uryu and Chad, along with almost Orihime. But worst of all, he hurt you as you were slowly dying as you lie there. He hated this. He couldn't help you, but just watch. Never in his life had he felt so completely helpless, and at the time to be when you were the one he loved.

Your smiling face, bright eyes, and the way you laughed. Everything about you he loved with every inch of his heart. Tessai finished healing you as he spoke in soft whispers to his boss as Ichigo could barely hear them.

"The girl will live. But I don't know if she will be different once she wakes up... or if she does."

"What do you mean?" Urahara said in a soft tone.