Alpha's Babies - 6

"What the hell was that about Ray?" Derek yelled.
We were at his house now, just in case the Alpha came back to the Pack House.
Maya and Tara were here too. All sat around me at the kitchen table.
I looked down and pressed my lips together.
"Raiven! Answer me! What was that about?"
I snapped my eyes up at him.
"You know you could be a little more sympathetic right now," I said.

"Why? I nearly got murdered by my own alpha and I don't even know why!" he yelled.
I stood up angrily and slammed both palms on the table.
"My sons have just had the worst birthday in the history of worst birthdays! Doesn't that mean anything to you?"
"Yeah, it was bad because I nearly got killed!"
I felt my eyes flash to my wolf colour.
"This isn't about you!" I screamed.

"What is it about then?" he yelled back and leaned forward so he was looking down on me.
I summoned up all my courage.
"This," I gestured wildly "Is about me meeting your Alpha, my mate, two years ago on my birthday where we made babies that he doesn't know about and now he thinks they're yours and he hates you for it!" I said all in one go, finally glad to get it off my chest.

Everyone gasped in shock. Tara stood up, her mouth open, her small feline eyes wide.
"Wait, you had the Alpha's babies? As in, Alpha Colten? The world's meanest and most uptight Alpha in the world that probably hates everyone on this planet just cos they're breathing?"

I sat down heavily and sighed. "That's the one,"
"So all this time I've been holding Alpha Colton's kids?" Maya said "Sweet!"
She high fived Tara.
Derek looked at me like he was ready to faint. He sat back down weakly.
"Those are his kids?" His mouth open.
"Problem?" I snapped.

Derek breathed heavily "Why didn't you tell me?"
"You never asked?"
Derek let out a loud frustrated grunt and put his head in his hands.
"Plus you're his mate?"
"Yes, do I need to repeat myself?" I said, I was worn out and just wanted to go to bed. Preferably with Colten.
Oh how cruel fate is to lead me right into his pack...and make him hate my guts.

"And Corbin called you daddy right in front of his real daddy. You need to score a lot of extra brownie points with the Alpha now," Tara said shrugging.
Derek glared at her but then looked back at me "Ray! This is horrible! You're mated and I've been all over you for the past two years. I need to stay out of the Alpha's way before he uses my intestines as a skipping rope," he said depressingly.
Corbin came in rubbing his eyes and padded over to Derek immediately.
As soon as Corbin touched him, Derek leapt up like he was made out if fire.

Corbin laughed sweetly, not understanding. Instead he held his little arms up at him.
Derek hesitated but then sighed and backed away from him.
"Sorry, little man," he said shaking his head.
Corbin pushed his bottom lip out dejectedly.
"Daddy?"

Derek looked pained but then he slammed out of the kitchen.
Corbin let out a little sob, his face crumpling up miserably.
Tara reached out and pulled him into her lap and kissed him. "Wow, he looks just like his dad!" Tara said, trying to cheer me up. I glanced at her only.

"Maybe you need a holiday, Raiven," she said instead.
I rested my chin on my hands and thought about it.

"Yeah," Maya said "It'll give you and the alpha some time away from each other,"
"Maybe I could visit back home?" I suggested.
They both nodded. "Yep!"

"Tonight. The Alpha would probably be having a hissy fit right about now so it's best to just go now,"
"With the twins?"
"No, leave the twins. Just have yourself like three days off." Tara said. I stood up, loving this idea.
"But do me a favour, tell Colten the truth?"
Tara nodded and mocked a salute.
"Yes, m'am!"

*
The next morning, I was ready to go but deep down I was terrified. Zach and everyone back home must have known what happened to me and I didn't think I was ready to face them yet.
But I decided to suck it up and take it like a woman. Maybe this was the break I needed after all.

"Derek?" I called as I brought my luggage downstairs.
I came into the living and he was slumped on the sofa watching tv with a bottle of goodness knows what kind of alcoholic drink.
I frowned at him. "You don't even drink," I said.
He glanced at me for a second and shrugged, taking another swig.
I sighed and buttoned up my coat.
"Well just don't drink it around the boys, yeah?"

Derek took a couple more swigs and then slammed it hard on the coffee table, making me jump.
He stood up and faced me, his cheeks laden with stubble.
"Don't tell me what to do in my own house," he growled.
I swallowed and took a step back.
"Well, Maya's gonna bring the kids over to hers so, you know what, you can drink yourself silly. I don't care,"

Derek took a step forward. "Are you saying we're over?"
I bit my lip.
His eyes flashed a shiny black colour and his bear claws threatened to come out.
I swallowed again, trying to be brave
"Look, we'll talk about this when I get back, okay?" I said shakily.
Derek gave a humourless laugh and turned around and slumped back down on the couch.

I breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that the boys were still asleep.
I barely paused to say goodbye to Derek and fled away from the house.
I felt a kind of void inside me. I'd never willingly leave Corbin and Caden like this but I was too proud to walk back into that house.

The journey back home was silent, empty and just full of bitterness. Towards everyone, my pack, my parents, my brother, my ex best friend, everyone.
What I really longed for was Colten. I wanted him so bad. For me, him and the boys to be a whole family.
I wanted to be in his arms again and feel his warmth and lie on his hard chest.

I knew it was wishful thinking now because he was a jerk but I still loved him with all my heart.

I got back home, my head pounding after all that crying. I hoped like crazy that I'd be welcomed back with opened arms. I just needed a hug right now.
I immediately went to Kale's house. There was no way I was going to my parents house, they'd slam the door in my face.
I knocked timidly on the door, my mouth suddenly going dry.

After a while there was footsteps and the door opened. Luke was stood there, topless, with just basketball shorts on.
He yawned and scratched his hair but then stopped when he caught sight of me.
"Raiven? Raiven Wescott? You're still alive?" he gasped.

I laughed and threw myself at him hugging him fiercely. He hugged me back just as tight. But then he looked behind me.
"I could have sworn you had a baby?"
I looked down at my feet quickly but before I could reply he gasped.
"You didn't...you didn't lose him did you?" He whispered.
I burst out laughing "Look at you! Gawd, no! Luke, I had twins and they're both fine,"

"Twins?" he said with mixed emotions.
I nodded proudly.
"Twins," I replied and then stepped into the house.
"Where's Kale?" I asked before he could ask me where they were.
Luke glanced upstairs, his smile fading, as he took my luggage.
"Ray..." He started.
"Please just get it out, I've had a horrible week," I sighed.

Luke looked at me sheepishly. "Well, Kale isn't still to happy about the pregnancy. Especially to a rival Alpha."
I rolled my eyes. "I'm just here to relax not to be shouted at by my big brother, I'm sure he won't care," I said stretching, glad to be responsibly free for the first time in two years.
At that moment, Kale came bounding down the stairs.
"Hey, Luke who is..." Kale's voice trailed off as his eyes landed on me.

I smiled "Hey, Kale! Long time, bro,"
Kale frowned "Why are you here?"
I was taken aback but quickly recomposed myself.
"I'm visiting you, duh," I said trying to keep up the perkiness.
Kale looked at me up and down.
"Where's the kid?" he asked.
"It's kids, apparently," Luke said.
Kale didn't look impressed at all. He looked like he wanted to slap me across the face.

"You idiot. You ruined your life," he spat.
I folded my arms "Noone asked for your opinion," I retorted.
Kale's eyes narrowed into angry slits.
"We need to talk in private." he said. "Lets go to the basement." he said.
He grabbed my wrist before I could protest and led me to a door.
Luke looked unsure but he didn't say anything.

There was a long staircase and Kale turned on the light and let me go first. But as soon as I was three steps down, the heavy door behind me slammed shut.
I spun around quickly. He'd locked me in!
"Kale!" I screamed "Kale, open up!"
I slammed hard at the door but nothing happened. I punched and kicked, not believing my own brother would do this.
"Kale! Luke! This isn't funny! Open the door!" I screamed.
I knew I should have never came here.

The door swung open again but before I could step foot outside the door, a thick cloth was smothered over my nose and mouth. There was some sort of strong substance that made me feel woozy and heavy.
The last thing I thought before I blacked out was - I despise my life.

*
I struggled to open my eyes because I still felt dizzy and in a dream like state.
I tried getting up but I couldn't move.
My wrist was handcuffed securely to a wooden table.
Silver handcuffs.
I sobbed as I tried to wrench my hand away but it burned in deep in my skin. I couldn't even shift!
"Kale!" I screamed.
I was stuck at the very bottom of the basement that hadn't been used for years on end. "Luke!"
The only answer was my own echo in the room.
"Kale please! I'll go home if you want me to! Please, Kale!" I screeched.

The door opened and two figures came down the stairs. Kale and, of course, Zach.
Zach still looked the same and I started to wonder what I ever saw in him. He smiled cockily at me.
"What do you want with me?" I said shaking my hand violently.

Kale crouched down beside me "We want your boys," he said.
"What?" I whispered.
"Don't be stupid, Raiven. You know, your Alpha is our rival and hurting his kids and mate would make him weak."
He shrugged.
My mouth hung open "Kale! These are your nephews you know!"
Kale rolled his eyes "They're not if I don't accept them as my nephews,"

He got up and patted Zach on the back "Lets go get ready to kidnap us some kids," he said.
"Kale! Zach, please! I'll do anything." I sobbed.
Neither of them even glanced back as they went up the stairs.
I hung my head, defeated. Why me? Haven't I gone through so much already?
But as they both kept walking, the basement door swung open.

A tall figure came thudding down the stairs. Kale and Zach froze.
In less than a few seconds, two sounds of broken jaws and other bones could be heard. All of a sudden, Kale and Zach flew back through the air and landed in an unconscious heap on top of each other at the bottom of the stairs.
The figure stepped down the stairs as though nothing happened and then casually stepped over Kale and Zach.
"Jace?" I said trying to focus on the guy's face.

But as he got closer, I realised it wasn't Jason.
He came forward and crouched beside me, his beautiful scent that I'd missed so crazily filled my nostrils.
He reached out and snapped the handcuffs from my wrist as if it was a toothpick but he dropped it quickly like it burnt him.

Colten's blue eyes pierced into mine, his dark eyebrows furrowed looking just like Caden.
I couldn't take his handsomeness though! I wanted to have more babies with him right here if I could.
I opened and shut my mouth.
"H-how did you find me?" I asked shakily.
He didn't say anything and just stood up.
I stood up too, slightly wobbly.
"Why are you here? Did you follow me?" I asked desperately.

Colten pushed his thumbs through hai belt loops and looked at me. His Adam's apple bobbed a little.
"I'm only here," he said, his deep soothing voice sent chills down my back just like the first time he spoke to me.
"Because of the bond. I'm not here by choice,"

As much as his words stung, I still wanted him.
I touched his arm lightly. He looked down at my hand and looked back at me, raising an eyebrow.
"Look, please, let me just talk to you about something..." I said, tears starting to form again.
He pulled his arm away from me.
"There's nothing to talk about. You had twins with Derek even though we were mated," he said spitefully.

"No, no -"
"Save it. You don't wanna be with me then don't. Go play happy families with Derek," he said, his words sounding like venom.
I shook my head "Please, listen to me -"
"If these guys ever give you trouble," he nodded at my brother and ex "Then I'll help you. Because I can't do anything about the bond. II'd gladly break it so you can start a new one with Derek," he said. Then he put a hand to his heart mockingly "But unfortunately, this isn't a fairytale book, we don't always get happy endings."

"Please, listen -"
"Don't." he shook his head "We could have had something, Raiven. But you messed it up. Now the only thing we have in common is a stupid bond."

I stood in shock. He remembered my name?
Colten gave a bitter half smile and turned away from me, stepping over the unconscious guys again.
"I'm not in love with Derek!" I called back after him, meaning every word.
Colten glanced back but then disappeared out of the door again.

*
I took the train back home pronto. Shortest holiday of my life.
Maya let me in her house but she could tell I did not talk about anything.
Instead, I trailed up the stairs to where the boys were sleeping and snuggled in between them.
I kissed them both as they slept innocently.
"At least I've got some male figures who love and appreciate me." I said.

With that, I fell in a deep sleep.

A\N: Sorry it's a little messy chapter but I wanted to get the important stuff out of the way before the next chapter! Hope you understand, I don't wanna feel like I'm failing you guys :'(

Love, peace and cupcakes!