Alpha's Babies - 14

I woke up with Caden sprawled all over the bed his arms and legs everywhere. Corbin slept much more neatly, right at the foot of the bed, all curled up with his bottom sticking up in the air. Even though they were quite small, the took up a lot of space on the huge bed.
I yawned and looked around.
"Colten?"
He wasn't anywhere to be seen. But then I caught sight of him at the far end of the room, sleeping uncomfortably on a hard armchair. His long legs were everywhere, probably in his futile efforts to get comfy. I got up and crossed the room and tapped him on the shoulder.

It was only gentle but his eyes snapped open at the first touch, startling me.
"Hey, good morning," I said as brightly as I could.
He grumbled something and then cracked his neck painfully.
"Why didn't you sleep on your bed?"
He looked at me like I was stupid,"I tried. But I got kicked out, several times, by His Majesty over there." he said nodding at Caden.
He stood up and cracked his back loudly and groaned again.
I almost laughed at the thought of Colten being bullied by Caden.

"Oh, Colten, I'm sorry, he's not a bad kid he's just confused at the moment,"
"Oh right yeah Derrick's still his daddy," Colten said, his eyes were like stone as he spoke and his voice on the verge of either shouting or crying.
I touched his arm. "I'm sorry, really I am. I'll never look at another guy if it means that much to you." I said sincerely.
His eyes travelled all over my face and he was about to answer but Corbin woke up.

"Mommy?" he said crawling to my empty pillow. He gasped and looked around him wildly.
"Over here, Coco," I said. His face lit up and he scrambled down and ran over to me. I swung him on my hip and kissed his cheek. "Hello, baby,"
Colten stared at Corbin.
"You wanna hold him?" I asked.
Colten looked startled and took a step back quickly. "No, no. I'm good."

"I want daddy."
Corbin mumbled it into my shoulder but to Colten it probably sounded like it was said in a megaphone.
"Corbin go wake your brother up please." I said as quickly as I could. Colten knew Corbin wanted Derrick and there was really nothing he could do about it. I don't think theres enough words in the english language that could express the guilt I felt then.

Colten cleared his throat as Corbin went over to Caden.
"I'll er, go downstairs and, er, get ready. You guys can stay here and...yeah."
He looked troubled as he walked out of the door quickly.
I groaned to myself and went over to the boys.
"Why are you guys like this?" I sighed.
Caden sat up and rubbed his eyes sleepily. "Is the big meanie gone?"
"Caden stop that! He isn't mean, he's really lovely and he saved Mommy from being hurt."
"I don't like him."
I glared at him. "Don't say that, Caden."
He looked me defiantly. "Don't like him, don't like him, dont like him." he chanted over and over again. "Caden! Enough's enough!" I yelled at him. He stopped and then started sulking. I ignored him and carted them both off to the bathroom.

When we came down to the kitchen, Tara, Nick and Colten were sat at the kitchen island chatting away with each other, as soon as Colten's eyes went up and met mine, he stopped talking and his face became firm.
"Morning, Rain, hey boys," Tara said brightly. She scooped Caden in her arms and Nick got Corbin. I slid in the stool next to Nick, trying to avoid Colten's gaze. "How you feeling, Ray? More Were?" Nick asked, feeding a piece of toast to Corbin. I shrugged "Feeling the same really." I said truthfully. Tara's eyes widened. "So after we made a big show and a dance about it all, nothing happened in the end?"

"Basically." I said, feeling the scabs on my back. "Poor Corbin." Nick said as he stroked his hair. "We made him shift for no reason."
"It's an accomplishment though. Aren't you proud of him, Alpha?" Tara said. I wished she wasn't so busy pouring juice into Caden's sippy cup so she could see Colten's thunderous face and then she wouldn't have dared asked that question.
I gulped as I dared steal a glance at Colten. His big arms were folded, his face straight and his blue eyes glowing. Not a single word was uttered from him and it was the stony silence that made Tara look up. She looked mortified as Colten remained straight faced. It's like he's never had a laugh in his life.