Chapter 23

[So sorry for the delay. I had block of everything. Was a bad week for me, and I have been overloaded with work, so please don't be mad at me, because I'm actually at breaking point rn. Hope this is alright, I think you'll be surprised by what's about to take place. Thanks for the comments, keep that up if you want updates!]

[Dedication: Was a tough choice because they were all amazing, but went for @RaeRae_ in the end because the whole comment was just perfection. I was sobbing and I felt so...effected that you felt that way about this story. Thank you, so, so much. :') <3 oxoxo]

[Zayn]

"I still can't believe you wet yourself, Niall." Harry said, shaking his head as he bit into a cracker that was coated in spreadable cheese, grinning around his food.

Niall groaned aloud as the subject was brought up again. His cheeks were already flushing red, and Harry hadn't even said 10 words about the matter yet.

"And while you were clinging onto me, too!" Harry crowed after he swallowed his bite of cracker so he could speak. "Do you know how many times I had to wash those jeans, Niall?!"

Niall lifted his head to glare softly at Harry, a scowl settling on his lips. "How many, Harry?" He gritted out, his glare getting deathly and I failed to hide my grin of amusement. Harry and Niall never failed to crack me up, especially when they did stuff like this.

"Five fucking times! And I still haven't worn them, two days later! I don't even think I'll be able to without feeling funny for the rest of the day, because I'll remember how you soiled them!" Harry sighed, his voice a little too loud and some people looked over at us from across the football field, their gazes utterly confused at the sound of our conversation.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Niall muttered, picking up a cracker of Harry's tray of food and biting into it loudly, making a loud crunch sound into the cool air. "I don't give a fuck, I was drunk, what did you expect?" Niall got out around his cracker, spraying wet crumbs all over Harry's face.

It was Harry's turn to scowl now, and run at his face to get the crumbs off, a look of disgust clear in his eyes. "I expected you to be able to hold your bladder like a normal drunk moron!" Harry said, grinning at his own words.

"Well news flash, Harry: I ain't no normal moron when I'm drunk!" Niall said finally, flinging his arms out and the table burst into another round of laughter.

As I said, Harry and Niall never failed to crack not only me, but the rest of us up.

I let the smile slip off my face after a second and the table silenced as laughter piped down. Everyone else was either eating lunch, or had ate lunch, since it was lunch hour, and we were just eating outside since it was nice weather, and all I had was an apple.

And that apple had only been picked at, and then thrown in the bin soon after. Good thing Liam wasn't looking.

All of a sudden, I had noticed, Liam was oddly...protective of me, even more than usual. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaing about it, no, it was nice, amazing, to finally be cared about, protected, but it was just such a coincidence that he's being like this after the Vince thing...

I shivered at the bastard's name, shutting my eyes tight and gripping the wood of the bench that I was sitting on with my fingers as images of that night flashed through my mind, scarring me.

"Zayn?" Liam's sounded softly, shocking me out of my trance.

In my surprise of being pushed from my thoughts, I gasped lightly, letting go of the wood fo the seat and falling slightly into the person beside me; Harry.