fifteen

"we're actually doing this?" i question with a big smile on my face.

"we are actually doing this." liam confirms, nodding his head as he swiftly steers down the road going onto a freeway.

it's been so long since i've been outdoors. i only see the sun through a window on days that i'm lucky enough. in the beginning, Jack just kept me in dark rooms,Mobutu he gradually began to loosen.

i think it's only because he claimed he liked me. i had a definite advantage there.

"what're you thinking so hard about?" liam speaks up, glancing at me for a second.

"whether or not jack is going to kick your ass once he sees us out of the house." i lie, but now i'm thinking about it.

what is liam going to have to endure from jack? i doubt he'd deal with anything because he's said before that jack couldn't kill him. he's one of the loyal and trusted men on the team.

"he won't be happy." he chuckles. "but i can handle it, i'm a big boy."

"i can't believe you actually let me out of the house and are taking me where i want to go. you're amazing, you know that?"

"now, i do." liam grins. "besides, this was practically the first time jack didn't have hawk eyes on you. there was a window of opportunity."

"i needed to get out of that house."

"i wanted to get you out of that house. there was never a good time to even let you step for outside."

"i kind of liked it there, though. it wasn't as bad as the start. it got better over time as i got to know all of you."

"we're not as evil as you think, huh?"

i laugh, "that's debatable."

refusing to let my smile die down, we talk and listen to music throughout the entire drive. we occasionally stop to get food or use the bathroom. and of course, to get more gas.

when we reach the destination that is my father's home, i practically jump out of the car. the eight guards located out at the front door are alarmed, but then relieved with shock.

"miss. yaris." one of them gapes. "you're safe."

"toni, where's my father?" i ask, ignoring his statement.

"he's inside with your kidnapper."

my eyes widen as i push past all of them, motioning liam to follow me with my hand. toni briefly stops him and the rest of the guards surround him.

"i recognize you, liam bassi." toni hisses.

"he's a good guy." i assure all of the intimidating men.

the fear in liam's eyes are hard to detect, but how couldn't he be scared? being centered between eight tall, scary men.

"he works for jack gilinsky."

"but he helped me escape, so let him go. or i'll have you on your ass on the street." i threaten. "if he weren't a good guy, i'd be dead and i obviously wouldn't trust him driving me somewhere."

toni clenches his jaw and let's liam pass by. all of the men narrow his eyes at liam, still suspicious. i don't sense anything suspicious, so i ignore it.