Lynette

“No, mom. She hasn't been answering... It's okay.. Yeah, I'm on my way, it's fine. Okay,” Logan held his cell phone to his ear as his other hand held onto the steering wheel.

“Yeah, I..” He glanced at everyone in the car before lowering his voice, “I love you, too,” he muttered. He lowered his phone to hang up, but Seth leaned forward in his seat to yell into the phone.

“I LOVE YOU, TOO, LACEY!”

I grabbed his shoulder and harshly pulled him back to his seat while Logan glared at him through his rear-view mirror.

“Nice,” Dean commented, as he looked back to send Seth a grin.

Logan shook his head and turned right, going down many unfamiliar streets. If only I lived here, then I'd know where I was right now.

“..Your mom's name is Lacey?” I asked, trying to break the awkward silence as I looked out the window. Of course, with these guys, anything that comes out of our mouths makes perfect conversation.

“Hah, yeah!” Dean laughed as Seth commented, “You should hear what his siblings' names are.”

“Why, what are they?” I asked, leaning forward in my seat. Now, I was curious.

“Well, his sister's name is Lynn,” Dean started. “And his older sister's name is Laura,” Seth finished as they all either cracked grins or burst out laughing. All except for Logan, who must have went through this a million times.

It took a few seconds for it to click, but when it did, my reaction matched everybody else.

“Aw, no way! How cute, Logan!” I teased, “A family of L's! Makes me wonder what your dad's name is!”

“Peter,” he mumbled as the boys started laughing again.

Definitely a good time.

“So.. what exactly happened with your sister?” I asked Logan, curious as to where exactly we were going. The car turned silent again.

“Yeah, man. What are we doing?” Seth questioned, playing with the window switch.

Logan took a deep breath before finally explaining. He knew he couldn't just drive us around without telling us why.

“Lynette had some.. guy troubles and ran off. I need to find her. She doesn't know where she is, exactly.”

There was a five second silence in the car before Seth spoke up.

“Wait, what? A little more specific?”

Dean frowned at Seth.

Logan took a deep breath at a red light. “Lynn's boyfriend took her off campus to dump her and she doesn't know where she is.”

“Oooh,” Seth nodded, understanding. He didn't seem like he really cared, though. I, however, must have been the only one that saw the big picture. Yes, it was terrible what happened to Logan's sister. I feel sorry for what she is going through, but still!

“So we're going to look for your sister while the rest of the guys are stuck at McDonald's? While we're on our lunch break?” I asked.

Dean shut his eyes and let out a deep sigh. “Of course,” he said, “School.” He must have totally forgotten about it, as well.

Seth just shrugged saying, “I don't care,” while Logan frowned at me through the rear-view window.

“I'm sorry, bro,” he apologized as he turned onto a more busy street.

“What the hell are you apologizing for?” Seth asked, back to his usual, bitchy state. He turned to me, shaking hair out of his eyes as he did so, “You're the one that got in the damn car. You could have kept following Dustin like the damn puppy that you are,” he said, pointing at me.