Revenge

"I..uh.. I," I didn't know what to say. My body froze in place. I couldn't believe it. After one whole week of school someone found out about my identity. I knew this wouldn't have happened if Chris wasn't my roomie. I could only imagine what he was doing to my belongings now.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and decided to blame things on Chris later. Right now I had Dusty to deal with. He just found out. I was suddenly desperate for him to keep quiet about this.

I reached forward and grabbed his wrist, pulling him into the bathroom and slamming the door behind him so Drake wouldn't hear us.

"You can't tell anyone!" I frantically hissed at him, praying he'd understand why I was here. He was silent for a few seconds before replying, his eyes still glued to my chest.

"But..why ar-"

"If anyone finds out I'm a girl then I'll get expelled!" I quickly explained, having no time for his questions. He couldn't say a word.

I studied his face. He was frozen for a few moments. He stared me down as if I were an alien before snapping out of it and shaking his head. He'd finally let the words sink in.

"...Wait wait wait.." he said, holding his hands out as if to pause the situation as he collected his thoughts. "You're.. a girl?"

My heart just about stopped. Had I just given myself away? Dusty really didn't know? What the hell just happened!?

"You didn't? .. I thought... you said..-" I stammered, not able to find the right words to explain what the hell just happened. Dusty was still too stunned to speak, but his eyes were apparently not too stunned to stare at my chest in wonder as to why it was so flat.

I crossed my arms as my cheeks turned bright red. "Stop staring at my chest, Dusty, it's weird!" I scolded him as his eyes snapped up to my face. He took in all my features as if he was seeing me for the first time.

After a few more moments, a wide grin appeared on his face.

"But it's so obvious! How come we didn't see it before?" he questioned, more to himself than me.

"Shit!" I ignored his comment and pulled at my hair. No one was supposed to know about this! And why was Dusty taking this so lightly? Shouldn't he be yelling at me for lying to him or something? I didn't notice he was looking at me until I looked up, teary eyed. I didn't want to go back home so soon.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. My bare shoulder. "If you think I'm gonna tell someone then you're wrong. You should know me by now!" Dusty said with a small chuckle, removing his hand. It took a while for his sincere words to fully sink in.

"You.. won't tell, right?" I asked, wanting to be completely reassured before going out there again. I looked up into his eyes for any signs of him betraying me. There were none. He was just being himself. Honest, caring Dustin.

He gave me a small smile. "Yeah, I won't tell anyone. I'll keep your secret. Why are you here, anyways?" he asked.

"What do you me-"

"Why are you going to this school?" he rephrased his question, pulling himself up to sit on the counter. He didn't treat me any differently. He treated me like Dakota. Not boy or girl. Just me for who I was.

I thought a little after his question, wondering whether I should mention the part about the scholarship. I was putting together a well-constructed answer for him in my head when he asked, "Are you a Tranny?"

My eyes grew wide and I felt the urge to slap him for some reason. "No! I'm here on scholarship because believe it or not, shitty schools don't give a crap about those who don't have a dime for anything," my voice got quieter and quieter as I told him this, not even meaning to. It just slipped out and I couldn't stop now and leave him hanging. "I want a good future, Dusty. This was the closest school I could attend on such a low budget."