Arrival

Today was Monday morning. Last night, I had my final goodbye with Regina, but it was nothing to worry about. I was just a few towns away.. just a few hours. It wasn't that bad. It's not like I was flying out of the country or anything. Not like I had the money for that.

School officially starts tomorrow. Monday is a time for all of the students to come to school and get settled in and to familiarize themselves with the school. Classes officially start on Tuesday. An odd way to start off the year with a Tuesday, but won't this year start off strange enough for me, already?

I was woken up at five in the morning. Since it was a really long drive, I had to leave early to be there at a reasonable time. I already had all of my 'guy stuff' prepared for today. I went to the bathroom to get myself ready. Using some of my brother's hair stuff, I rubbed it into my fingers and rubbed it randomly in my hair to give myself that messy hair look, but at the same time, making it cover some of my face. I couldn't let it fall into its usual style. It would only part and look shiny like any girl's short haircut. I pulled on a black t-shirt with a random band on it onto my compression shirt which would be my new 'bra' from now on.

I pulled on Max's old pair of jeans and noticed they were about one or two sizes too big, but it was no problem for me. With a studded belt, I tightened them around my waist. The bagginess of my shirt hid my pants. I had pants in smaller sizes, but I wanted to wear my current nicest ones to school, which were slightly too big.

I grabbed Max's Axe and sniffed it. I slightly cringed at the smell. I'd have to smell like a guy, too? It really didn't smell that bad if it wasn't too much.. I better not get a headache from this crap. I sprayed a decent amount onto my fingers and rubbed it in on the sides of my neck like I would with perfume. I sprayed my shirt a little bit, too. I needed to loose the girlie smell I have, anyways. I always smelled of sweet raspberries and vanilla. It was my most favorite scent. Now it was gone and hidden with Maxwell's Axe. I had to get used to it. Plus- aren't girls supposed to.. like this stuff like in the commercials?

I looked down at the Axe bottle in my hand. I really did need to cover up my girlyness. With a sly smirk, I snuck my brother's gel and axe spray into my luggage. It would take him a while to figure out I took it from him.. and by then he won't mind because he would've already bought himself another. I adjusted my pants and boxers as I walked out of my room. It really felt awkward wearing boxers.. it felt like I had absolutely no underwear on! I think I might even start wearing panties under my boxers. It was actually Regina that convinced me to get boxers. I couldn't remember the day any clearer...

"No way in hell! I'm gonna get wedgies all day!" I yelled in her face. Did she not get it? This was no game! We had to stay focused here and be serious!

Regina just rolled her eyes. "Oh, so if someone were to 'pants' you they'd just see your bright pink Hello Kitty underwear?" she asked, crossing her arms in a superior stance. I sighed. Damn that girl.

"Alright.. whatever. And just so you know- they're blue!"

I ignored the feeling and shook my head a little bit, getting used to the light bounce of my new, short hair. I wasn't going to get 'pants-ed', as Regina put it. I was going to go to school like any other guy. Plus- I'm pretty sure that's against any rules- pulling someone's ants down for shits and giggles. But then again.. boys do tend to enjoy breaking the rules.

I went over to my dresser and picked up my lip gloss. I put some on my lips. Last nightI was so nervous, I chewed on my bottom lip so much, it was completely chapped by the morning. I could have sworn it even bled a little, too.

By six, I'd gotten ready and ate my breakfast. I stood in front of my small house with my mom and Max. My mom was in tears, no surprise there. I was the little girl she'd always come home to. My brother would be the last to come home. It was obvious she'd miss coming home to hear me greet her after she'd call out, "Kota, I'm home!"