chapter 46

13 days later*

"Take care of him for me. Promise me"

"No harm will ever come to him sweetheart, you have my word" my dad tells me with a sad smile. His eyes were glassy but he held himself back.

Nodding I kneel down in front of Leon who looked confused but sad.

"What's happening? Where are you going mommy?" He asks quietly with worry.

I gulp down the lump in mg throat. "I'll be home soon, and when I come back I have a surprise for you baby" I smile through my watery eyes.

"You do? But you look sad" he says with a soft voice while catching a tear that dropped down my skin. My heart broke a little more inside.

"I'm ok but I need you to remember everything I taught you ok? Remember all the times we played games and ate ice cream. When we watched films. When I told you stories before bed. Everything. If you remember all of that then you'll be the greatest alpha to ever exist" I tell him smiling gently.

"Everything you'll ever need is right here. Never forget that I love you, with all my heart and that if I had a choice then I would stay with you" I hug him tightly feeling my tears pour down my face as my heart broke completely. I couldn't change the fact that I would die, I could only hope.

"I love you too mommy" he whispers into my shoulder and I give him one last squeeze before pulling away and turning. Looking back will only hurt more.

Leaving the land I walk away through the night towards my destination.