chapter 39

"You haven't spoken a word since you got here. Please..talk to me sweetie" my mother pleads from across the breakfast bar.

I simply look at her with no emotion. The only one I trust is my son. He's the one I've protected, the one I've been through hell for. He's the reason I took the chance of loosing my family.

"I know it must be hard but your my daughter..you can come to me with anything. But please..just say something" she begs.

"Leave her be sarah" my dad says walking in. I could feel his eyes on me, but my eyes remained on Leon who slowly ate the breakfast I made him.

"He's not going anywhere sweetie. He's safe with us" my mother says softly, she reaches across and grabs my hands in hers. Roughly yanking my hands from hers I glare down at her as I stand, the fury is me burning up like a volcano about to erupt.

"Like I was? The only person my son is safe with is me. Not you. Or jace. Or Jason. ME." I bite quickly, my voice cold with a growl as my lycan emerges.

"We never stopped looking for you. Your our daughter! I spent most nights crying and on your birthday I could barely leave my room!"

"Sarah! That's enough." My dad orders cutting her off, he gave her a firm look telling her to stop.

"You think I should feel bad that you were crying? Do you want to know how I spent my birthdays? Do you!?" I snarl gripping the edge of table that within seconds shook wildly before cracking and breaking off under my hands.

"Your scaring him sweetie..please I don't want to argue with you" she offers looking at Leon.

My rage grew. "IM scaring him? Why don't you ask him who he fears. He's seen things you would only dream of mother"

Leon clearly listening speaks up. "Your not allowed to speak to my mommy like that. I watched bad men do bad things to my mommy, I couldn't help her. Your supposed to love her like she loves me but my mommy would never speak to me like that. I'm remembering everyone who hurt my mommy for when I'm alpha" he tells them matter of factly as he moves to stand beside me.

My heart softens at the determination in his voice. His little hands touch mine and I remove my grip from the broken table to grab his little hands gently.

"Alpha?" My mother questions with wide eyes.

"Yes" I confirm.

My dad looks at Leon with respect "when the time comes I will gladly fight beside my grandson. Thats if you'll have an old man?" He teases.

Leon looks at me 'do you trust him?' I ask him softly. He shakes his head, no.

'Then don't fight with him' I reply gently.

Reaching down I pick him up and sit him on my hip before turning away from my parents.

"I have no reason to fear my mommy. And I never will" he tells them before we leave and head to my room. Its been just over two days we've been here and so far I've managed to bath Leon feed him and let him sleep.

Before I was taken I had my own money saved. Being an alphas child means we're paid thousands every month until we come of age for taking the alpha title. By then we have millions but how we spend it is completely our choice.

Seeing as I'm past the age of 18 I can access the money to buy Leon everything he wants.

"Mommy?"

"Hmm" I say gently looking down at him slightly.

"Are we staying here?" He asks looking up at me with wide bright blue eyes.

"For a little while. When we get our own house you can have your own bedroom" I grin at him.

His eyes widen slightly "my own bedroom?" He whispers in awe.

Pain tightens in my chest but I smile brightly, a child should be in awe over a toy they've wanted for ages or even their favourite cake. Not their own bedroom.

"That's right. And you can pick anything you want to go in there"

"Anything I want?" His excited smile and the twinkle in his eyes melted my heart instantly.

"Uh huh, we'll have a look now if you want?" I offer. I haven't taken him into the city yet, mostly because he's not ready yet and the fact that a lot of people will die by my hands.

"Yay!" He cheers fist bumping the air making me laugh.

God I love this kid.