the Potion Mishap

***so I'm gonna try to make longer updates. The first four chapters were pretty short but the last one was kinda long and this one will be longer hopefully.

Disclaimer i do not own any characters places or anything else you may notice from the series written by Queen Rowling.***

Chapter six

Standing right in front of me is Draco. He puts his arms up to block my exit.

"Draco Malfoy, if you don't move right now I will hex you." I say, glaring at him.

He smirks and then leans into kiss me. I grab my wand and do a silent spell that sends him flying into the couch.

I go to my room and lock the door. I walk into my bathroom and turn on the water and let the bath fill up. Once it's full, I turn off the water then put in some bath salts that my mum and dad got me for Christmas a few years ago. I climb into the tub and rest.

After a while, I get out and put on my robe. Then I crawl into bed and fall asleep.

When I wake up, I realize that I needed to be in the Great Hall in thirty minutes. I get up and put on my uniform and robes then put my hair in a half up pony tail where some hair falls down my back and some falls down around my face. I walk into my bathroom and brush my teeth then put on some make up. I look into the wall length mirror on my door and decide that I look decent enough to go to the Great Hall. I walk down and sit beside Ginny and some other students. I say good morning to everyone then start making my plate. After a while I feel someone staring at me. I look in the direction of the person and find Sev- Professor Snape staring at me. I blush but hold his gaze. After a while he snaps out of it and looks at his plate. I finish eating and wait to get my schedule.

Once I get my schedule, I look at it and see that today I had double Potions with Professor Severus Snape then free period and lunch and then double DADA with his brother, Professor Tobias Snape. I sigh, pick up my bag and walk to the dungeons. I walk into the classroom and see that it's empty besides a certain professor. I take a seat in the middle of the room and put my bag down.

I get my potions book out and stare at my desk. I can feel his eyes on me but I don't look up. He keeps staring at me until the whole class files in. Once everyone's seated, he begins talking.

"Today we are going to make a love potion. It should be simple but you dunderheads will probably find someway to mess it up," he says, sneering.

Same old Snape, I think with a little smile. I start making the potion but then realize I forgot to grab an ingredient from the cupboard. I get up and grab the ingredient. I go back to my seat and sit down. I look inside my cauldron then start chopping up the beans. After a few seconds, I hear Severus -since when do I call him Severus?- stand behind me. I take a deep breath and start putting the beans in the cauldron.

(AUTHORS NOTE so this is probably the only authors note that's going to be in the middle of a chapter but I saw that the story had over 100 reads and I like freaked out so like yeah.)

Once the beans land in the cauldron, a big explosion occurs. And all of a sudden, all I can think about is Severus Snape.

I think about how handsome he is and how even though he can be a prat, he's still charismatic and charming and has the sexiest voice ever.

Wait? I know now that I like him but I've never thought anything like that.

I gasp loudly.

The potion. It got on both of us. Maybe he's thinking the same things but about me.

I shiver then chide my self. If he's thinking anything romantically about me, it's because of the potion not me.

I look up at him and see him staring at me and that he's snapped out of it also.

"Ms. Granger follow me," he says then turns to face the rest of the class, "you are dismissed. Spend the rest of class copying notes from page 60 and 61 in your common rooms."

With that said, everyone starts putting there stuff away.

As we walk to the headmistress' office, I can't stop thinking about how attractive he is when he walks.

He says the password and we walk into her office.

"Hello Severus, Hermione," she says, "what may I help you with?"

Before Severus or I can say anything the painting of Professor Dumbledore starts talking.

"It seems to me that Severus and Hermione have found a really rare type of magic. See they were making a simple love potion in class today when young Mr. Draco decided to pour dung beedle juice in Hermione's potion. So when she added the last ingredient and the potion spilt on both of them, it realized that they were indeed soul mates and now the only way for the potion to wear off is for them to get to know each other and fall in love.

"If they don't fall in love in six months' time, they will both die a very, very painful death," he finishes, those blue eyes sparkling like usual.

"That's absurd, Albus. They cannot be soul mates. He's twenty years her senior. I will not permit it in my school," Professor McGonagall says, appalled.

"There has to be another way, Albus," Severus says, staring at the picture.

"There is none. If you don't fall in real love with each other, the potion will continue to have the effects on you until you drive yourselves insane with want and you will end up dead. I know you think it's bad but Severus, it might just do you some good," Dumbledore says wisely.

The whole time this conversation has been going on, I've been standing here with my mouth hanging open and my eyes wide.

"But, Sir, Sev-Professor Snape doesn't look at me that way," I say finally.

Snape glares at me.

"How would you know how I look at anyone?" He snaps.

I blush and look at the floor.

"I guess I have to approve this. But don't tell anyone and Severus, you better not hurt her," Professor McGonagall says in a dismissive tone.

I turn to walk out but Snape grabs my arm.

"Meet me in the dungeons." And with that he was gone.

****AUTHORS NOTES soooooo did you like it? thanks to justpeachy1982 for giving me the love potion idea. allso check out her stories shes amazing.(: READ COMMENT VOTE. also thanks to my wonderful beta reader bookwormandathlete

-J'Lynn