An Unexpected Letter

Once the trio were seated in the Dursleys' spotless sitting room, Harry conjured a tea pot and some tea cups from the tip of his wand.

"Harry, you're making me feel tense," Ron moaned. "Please just tell us what's going on." Hermione cast him a filthy look. Harry paced around the living room for a few moments, lost in thought. Dawn was beginning to break over the sillhouetted tips of the Privet Drive roofs. The cat was still sitting like a gargoyle on the wall, it's tail swaying lazily; a sign that time was running out.

"Listen," Harry said finally, "I got a letter yesterday." Hermione and Ron exchanged glances. "And," Harry continued, "it was from Sirius." Immediately, Hermione was on her feet.

"Don't be silly, Harry," she said levelly. "Sirius is-"

"Dead. I know." Harry said shortly.

"It must be a trick," reasoned Hermione, now beginning to pace around the sofa, her tea abandoned on the coffee table. "Show us the letter, Harry."

Harry bounded up the stairs two at a time. The house, which had been vacant for a year before Harry came back, was cold and smelt damp. Nevertheless, it was better than being outside. As  Harry passed Dudley's old room, Harry was overcome with the realization that now, he could take what he wanted; old video games and Dudley's old TV. Smiling, he shouldered open his bedroom door.

The entirity of Harry's belongings existed in a large camping rucksack. Inside were some of the most precious things to Harry: A shard of mirror, the Marauders Map, a basilisk fang. Things that were to be seen by no one as well as several changes of clothes and the famed invisibility cloak. Right on top, was the letter Harry had received the day before.

"Dearest Harry," Hermione read, "I know you think that this is a trick, a trap set by someone out to get you, but you coudn't be more wrong. If you are reading this in a public place, move to one of privacy. This letter should been seen by no eyes but yours, Ron's and Hermione's. The content is of extreme importance, and I urge you to read this very carefully. The death eaters are on the rise again. After Voldemort's death, Lucius Malfoy held a secret meeting in the cellar of Malfoy Manor, the previous meeting place for the death eaters. I am telling you this, Harry so that you can be prepared. Watch your back, and do not trust anyone. I will be in touch as soon as there is more information to give. Sirius."

Ron, who had kept silent up until now interjected, "What if it's the death eaters leaking you a false trail, Harry? Lucius-goddamn-Malfoy knows that any mention of Sirius would send you running."

Harry opened his mouth to argue when there was a sharp rap at the door. Hermione clutched Harry's hand nervously. Ron raised his eyebrow. Harry hastily drew his hand away.

"Who could it be?" Hermione whispered shakily, "No one knows we're here."

Harry approached the door nervously, wand in hand. He opened it slowly.

Professor McGonagall stood in human form on the doorstep.

"I'm so sorry, Potter," she hissed, "You're going to have to wrap this up. You are being watched."

Harry looked over her shoulder. A shady figure stood on the corner of Privet Drive , swamped in a black cloak.

"Can't it see us?" Harry hissed

"I cast a disillusionment charm over the house," said Professor McGonagall wearily. "Pack your things up and make sure Ron and Hermione have disapparated. I'll meet you in the back garden in ten minutes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you think? Votes and comments please! I know its a little confusing right now, but I will reveal all! :)