xi

dedicated to fatima da fab for being amazing and also for having the fucking most amazing taste in music ever

day eleven: inspiration

okay, so actually a lot of my inspiration is drawn from music. I have a playlist on itunes that I listen to continuously while I'm writing, and another on spotify as well.

However, if I had to recommend a fantastic playlist to listen to while trying to get something done--writing or homework--I'd say Smile, Kid, on 8tracks. It's by the one and only Fatima [external link = playlist, dedication = Fatima's Wattpad].

Seriously I love it a lot and the songs make you want to dance, but they also give you lots of energy to get stuff done.

Another source of inspiration for me is just my everyday experiences. This includes people watching!! when I'm on the bus to school, or even in school, if I see someone who looks interesting, be that their expression or their clothing or WHATEVER, ill try to imagine the why behind it. why do they look sad? why are they wearing stripes with plaid? the little things are the most important.

Also: long car trips. seriously. when I'm sitting in the van, listening to music, sometimes my mind just does curious things and wanders into different story lines.

Every idea I have, I write it down in my 'Notes' on my ipod, and it's so long wow.

Remember to draw inspiration from your previous ideas! once I was going through my old document of ideas and I actually found some pretty decent half finished story lines.

A lot of the time, my characters are slightly based on people I know, or even myself. Meridian's thoughts coincide with mine, as do her views about the world. Thane is sort of derived from my cousin. just these people in my life are the ones who influence my writing.

Okay this probs wasn't helpful at all but yeah this is how I get inspiration to write.

--

that's about it, really

-alyssa-