White Blank Page. {Luke Hemmings}

february 17th 2008

♡ ♡ ♡ 

Dear Ryan,

           I've liked you since the fourth grade, when you picked me to be on your team for capture the flag. Does that sound creepy? I hope not. I just knew that we've had a special connection since then, don't you agree?

          Then last year when we sat next to each other in English, I realized that you were more than just a crush. You would let me borrow a pencil when I would forget mine, even if you saw me using one earlier in class... No other boys in the seventh grade are as nice as you. Like that one time the other boys were picking on Garrett because he sucks at basketball, and you came to the rescue like a knight in shining armour and told them to knock it off. That was so cool.

           When I found out I was your lab partner this year, I almost screamed. All my friends say it's like fate, that you and I are totally meant to be together forever. They won't leave me alone about being too shy to tell you I like you, so I'm writing you this letter, which was my best friend Ava's idea. I'm really nervous to send you it, but Ava says it'll be worth it when you ask me out

           I know I'm not the most popular girl in the school, and I don't have big boobs like Hailey does, but I know all that stuff doesn't matter to you. Just like I don't care that sometimes you have food stuck in your braces. Love is about compromising, right? Plus, one day I will get boobs and eventually your braces will come off. Then we will really know it's meant to be because we were together through the hard times.

         There's another reason I'm sending you this, though. Last Thursday our homeroom had this big valentines day party, just like we used to in elementary school. We all decorated these little shoeboxes with glitter and construction paper. Then we were allowed to put Valentines in each others boxes. I was too shy to give you one with my real feelings, but Christina, who's like one of my best friends, gave you a big fat one with lace around the edges! So now everyone knows she likes you, and she has the nicest hair in the entire grade, so Ava says I have to make my move, before Christina's shiny blonde hair convinces you to ask her out. I don't know how'd I'd deal with that.

         So Ryan, to sum it all up, I really like you and thought you should know how I really felt. Then maybe you'd get the guts to ask me out, if you knew that I liked you a whole lot more than Christina does. Why don't we meet after science class, in front of your locker? No wait! Let's meet before science class, then we can hold hands on our way to science. It'll drive Christina absolutely crazy.

                      LOVE always,

                                  ♡  Isobel Lockett  ♡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

an:

hi guys! this is my brand new luke hemmings story! ♡ and i'm so happy to announce that it's a collab with one of my favorite people on the planet, kenzi! (@AfternoonDelight) she's a brilliant brilliant writer, and really deserves half the credit for this story. so you should all go and follow her right now

i hope you enjoy it 

love always,

fivesecondsofwinter