Chapter 14: Face To Face!

Hello, minna! ♥ So, the next chapter is up...woohoo!~  I miss writing so much, especially because school and sports is getting in the way! ;A;  But at least I can update on weekends, and give you sneek peaks during the week days... c':  Minna, I really had a great time writing this chapter! ♥ It's mostly Lucy and Virel fighting for dominance in this, but I absolutely love all the quotes I was able to come up with for the dialogue!!  My favorite one is Virel's reply to Lucy's speech on friendship...the one where Strength overpowers Feelings. c:  I dedicate this chapter to starryflames. c:  Thanks for being such a good friend, Savannah! ;o;  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and until next time!

--я y - c н α η ;;

❝т н є и α ℓ υ ω я ι т є я❞

======================================================================

"So it's decided, then."  Master Makarov replied, standing outside with the rest of the guild.

Natsu nodded.  "Ah."

"Master, are you sure you don't want us to stay back and help rebuild the guild?"  Gray asked, his hands in his pockets.

Master shook his head, his arms behind his back.  "We'll take care of that.  The four of you must go and defeat Virel."

Mira stepped up.  "We know you can do it."

"The rest of us will stay behind.  Because of that, make sure you defeat them."  Freed replied, his voice deep.

There was a small silence amongst them all.  Natsu's mind was somewhere else, but he was looking at his guild mates apprehensively.  As the breeze blew, and the sunlight shone on everyone's faces, Erza nodded.

"We'll be back soon, Master."  Erza replied, looking down at him.

Makarov nodded.  "Get back one of our own; take down Virel."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lucy opened her eyes, feeling her groggy mind start to awaken.  She was still clasped to the wall, and Lucy felt a dull ache on her back injury.  Clothes torn, Lucy felt chilled and pulled her knees to her chest, trying to summon any sort of warmth from her body.  Looking around, Lucy got a better sense of the room than she did earlier.

The ceiling was jagged, and the darkened sky showed through the holes in the ceiling.  The floor was nothing but toughened dirt, colored deep purple as blocks of marble laid strewn everywhere.  When Lucy looked at the walls, she saw that the room was circular, despite how large the size.  Columns lined the walls, some broken and tattered while others stood firmly as if never interrupted by time.  Multiple doors with high arches and cracks at the top resided, scattered, through the walls.

So...there's multiple places to enter....  Lucy thought.  More chances to escape, too...

However, Lucy knew there was a hurdle she had to get over.

I don't have my keys...  She thought, looking down to her waist out of habit.  And I'm not exactly in good enough shape to be fighting, either.

Lucy's wounds from being attacked by Virel earlier had reopened, dripping blood slightly along the jagged cuts of her skin.  Bruises and raw skin resided in patches on her body, and Lucy still felt a dull throb in her lip from where it had busted.  To make it worse, the injury she had gotten from saving Natsu was a searing fire of agony, and Lucy wondered how she was able to breathe normally, let alone move.  Her throat was sore, and she could still feel it as it was slightly swollen when she swallowed.