*I love you*

~Adrien's P.O.V~

I am Ladybug. I am Ladybug. I am Ladybug.

Her words keep repeating in my head like a never ending mantra. The only thing keeping me from falling unconscious. My head is pounding, sending waves of cold through my body. The heart in my chest hammering, wanting to be set free like a bird in a cage.

How could I never notice!? She is Ladybug. It is so obvious.

Her raven black her, her bluebell eyes. Her endless courage, selflessness.

My Princess.
My Lady.
They're the same.

By now my whole body is shaking under the towel. She doesn't notice it, though.

Maybe is not my body that is shaking.

She is not talking anymore, but I can hear her sob.

It is killing me.

I peek from under the towel and notice that tears are rolling down her face, making it shimmer.

I promised to dry her tears but I am the cause of her suffering.

It is ripping my heart apart.

"Meow."

Please.

"Meow."

Stop crying.

"Meow"

I'm here.

She covers me once again with the towel, blocking my view of her.

Suddenly, I feel her lips on my head, making my heart beat once again.

~Marinette's P.O.V~

The tears now fall freely, wetting my face. Now there is no way to stop them. A sob escapes my lips and I feel the air leaving my lungs.

I can't breathe.

Little Chat is meowing, at me... Urging me to stop?

I cover his face with the towel, not wanting him to see me in this state. I lower myself and place my lips softly on his little head through the towel. It calms me down.

A sudden, blinding light appears from under it and I cover my eyes from its brightness.

When I open them, I see The Chat Noir sitting on my bed, looking around stunned.

"Chat?" His name escapes my lips in a quiet sob.

He looks at me and his eyes brighten.

"Princess."

I throw myself at him, almost knocking him down on my bed, and hug him tightly.

"I-I thought you were gone, that something had happened to you, my kitty!" And the tears keep falling, drenching his leather suit.

"I could never leave you, My Lady," he tightens his grip on my waist.

My Lady... He knows!

"C-Chat..." I look into his eyes to find tears of joy coating them, making them sparkle.

"I know, I know now, Princess," he nuzzles his nose against my neck and inhales my scent. "You are My Lady."

I feel my heart pounding in my chest, wanting to escape from the shadows that have covered my soul without the moon's light.

Then, I remember everything that has happened in these couple of days.

Oh God

I look at his emerald eyes, glimmering with love. And then... I smack him in the shoulder. Hard.