*I am Ladybug*

~Adrien's P.O.V~

*the next day*

I haven't seen a day as gloomy as this one in years. When my mom...
School day is already over and I suppose Marinette has accepted Alya's proposal of hanging out because she hasn't arrived yet.

"Already missing her?"

I just hope she carried an umbrella with her; today's weather is filled with rain and cold breeze.

"Aw, you care about her."

Must you always be so annoying!

"Hey, it's not my fault I'm stuck in your brain and you can hear everything I say!"

Then, are you saying is my fault!?

"Pretty much. If you have given me Camembert in the first place..."

I can't believe you. If you weren't like this we wouldn't be in this position!

"What do you mean like this?"

I mean quit being selfish and think about others for once.

"I am selfish? Look who's talking! And, if it hadn't been you wishing you hadn't met me, then this wouldn't be happening!"

His sudden outburst and his pained voice made me realize...

He is right. I should never have said that. It must have hurt him and that's what caused all of this.

Then, I remember what he had said yesterday.

Just a black cat.
No one will see or understand you.
Stone in the road.
Invisible, forgettable.

And it hit me.

He was talking about himself. He feels invisible... Have I ever actually told him how much I care about him? How I feel a connection with him, like a bond? That he is and will always be my friend?

Plagg.

*silence*

I know I don't say this often but, I'm sorry. Sorry for being so selfish and for never understanding how you really feel. Sorry for being a complete asshole and never actually tell you how much you mean to me. For me, Plagg, you're not only my kwami. You're my friend. My family. And for that I love you.

"That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I love you too, Adrien."

I smile and feel tears pool in my eyes.

"Now don't you cry on me 'cause we need a clear mind to solve this problem!"

Yes, Sir!

"If only Marinette could help us, but she seem as troubled as us."

Plagg, can I tell you something?

"Sure."

Last night I made a promise to myself.

"Which is? I hope it is to get me Camembert after we solve this."

That and something else.

For as long as I'm here, I'll make sure to make Marinette smile every morning and laugh every night. I'll dry off her tears and listen to every one of her fears. I'll let her hold me whenever she needs my strength. And every one of her dreams I'll make mine, so together we can chase the stars.

~Marinette's P.O.V~

Alya had convinced me to go to the coffee shop near her house and chat a little. However, I couldn't concentrate on anything she was saying. My mind was thinking about the boys I want to see the most. Both of them so different yet so similar in a certain way.

I am walking through the streets of Paris under the pouring rain; a black umbrella in hand. It had been given to me by the boy of my dreams.

As I approach my parents' bakery, which is also my home, a flicker of black catches my attention, causing me to glance at my balcony. There, standing atop of the railing, looking down at me lovingly, is the mysterious black kitty that turns my tears into laughs and helps my heart fill with warmth.

I rush into my house as fast as I can, a smile plastered on my face. I get a towel from the bathroom and run out to my balcony.

"You shouldn't have waited for me outside," I tell the cat while wrapping him with the towel and bringing him back into my room.

I place him in my bed gently and continue massaging his soft fur with the towel.

"You're soaking wet," I tell him and now I was too, even if I was out for a couple of seconds only.

"Meow."

I massage his scalp softly and cover his head with the towel as if it were a hoodie, only his eyes and cute nose visible for me to see.

Emerald green, just like him.

"You remind me so much about him, kitty," I say and rub my nose with his in a cute manner.

His eyes widen and I can't help but laugh. I continue rubbing his fur with the towel. Though it is quite big, covering him completely.

Chat, how I miss you.
This past days without you have been like years.
Years without oxygen.
Nights with no moon.

It hurts. So much, not knowing where he is. If he is okay.

I force myself to be strong and not to cry again. If I did I'm not sure I'll be able to stop.

"You know what, kitty? I think it's time to name you."

The black cat peeks at me from under the towel, his eyes glimmering.

"From now on you'll be Chat Noir," I smile at Chat and once again find myself stunned by the kitty's resemblance to my beloved partner.

I cover his face once again and continue massaging him.

"Hey, Chat. Can I tell you a secret?"

Of course there is no answer but I feel like he is telling me to continue.

"Your name is actually stolen from someone else," I laugh a little, trying to keep the tears from falling like the heavy rain outside my window.

"He is one of the bravest, most courageous and most loyal persons I know."

Breathe in, breathe out.

"He is not only my partner, he is my best friend. He is like a piece of me."

Chat.

"And without this piece I'm not able to function properly." Another fake smile.

Please.

"I have no idea how I managed to survive before I met him."

They won't stop, the tears.

"And only now I realize how much I need him. I-I love him."

Please, come back.

"My secret little kitty..."

"... I am Ladybug."