*I'll be taking care of you*

****End of the Flashback****

And ever since that day I've been a black cat. Plagg stuck in my head, able to listen to my thoughts.

Luckily, Marinette had found me on her way to school. She offered me her croissant and smiled at me.

She was the only one who notice the lonely black cat on the road.

"Now don't get too romantic, Romeo, or else I might puke."

Plaaaaaaggggg

"Okay, okay, I'll shut up, jeez."

She was walking back home that afternoon when she saw me again.

She came to me and said, "Don't you have a home to be little kitty?"

I tried to tell her that it was me, Adrien, but all I could do was meow.
A cold breeze made its way to where we were standing, making me shiver.

"Mmm, you'll freeze if you stay here kitty, come with me," Marinette picked me up and wrapped her scarf around me.

"There. Now let's go, I'll be taking care of you," she smiled at me and I clung to her and to the hope that she'll recognize me and help me.

"You remind me of a silly cat I know," she giggled and I felt my heart flutter in my chest. "I'm sure he'll be happy to meet you..."

*sigh*

Marinette's sigh brought me back to reality and I notice that her eyes look so much different from the time she picked me up from the street.

They look sad, hopeless, desperate.

Somehow, she notices my concern and says, "Don't worry kitty, I'm just tired."

She yawns, "Better do homework before I fall asleep."

I stare at her from her soft bed. She is writing down something on her notebook and drawing on her sketchbook.

Plagg, remind me to ask Nino to lend me his notes when we turn back.

"If we turn back, you mean."

Must you be so negative?

"Must you be so blind? If she hasn't noticed until now that you, Adrien, are Chat Noir, how do you expect her to understand that the black cat she found in the street is you."

Can't say you're wrong.

"I'm always right." *snickers*

Still, I have faith in her. I believe in Marinette.

"That's cause you like her." *grins*

No, I don't. She is my friend! However, I feel my cheeks warm up at his comment.

" Yeah right. Remember yesterday when she-"

Plagg. Stop.

Oh no, the flashback...

****Flashback****

"Good morning, kitty," Marinette says, sitting on her bed and looking in my direction.

I slept on her rolling chair because even if I am a cat, I'm not a pervert that sleeps in his classmate's beds without them knowing. She had given me a soft, small pillow and a warm blanket.

"How did you sleep?" She asks me sweetly.

"Meow."

Damn it.

"Hahahaha"

Shut it, Plagg.

"Mmhm, I'm happy you slept well."

*gasp*

See Plagg? I knew she'll understand.

Marinette stands up and starts stretching. I 'grin', jump to the floor and copy her movements.

She giggles and smiles at me.

We continue stretching for a few minutes when...

... she starts taking off her shirt.

I turn around quickly and force my eyes closed. While getting dressed, she hums a lovely melody. Then I hear her clothes drop to the floor.

*gulp*

" Don't you dare turn around, you pervert!"

Huh? What the heck are you talking about, Plagg?

"You are not very smart, are you. I can hear all your thoughts while up here, remember?"

I wasn't thinking about anything! *tomato red*

"Yes, you were."

I wasn't.

"Yes"

No!

****End of the Flashback****

Marinette turns on her computer and even if it is not the first time seeing her screensaver, it still makes my cheeks warm up.

"Told you, you like her."

Knowing that I can't discuss with someone who is able to read all my thoughts, I only shrug his comment off.

Suddenly, Marinette's phone rings.

"Hey, Alya."

I could only hear murmurs from the other end of the line.

"Today.....movies.......Nino........know........Adrien....."

They are talking about me?

"Sorry, Alya, but I can't go to the movies tonight, I have something important to do."

"....out......worry.....okay."

"Thanks. Have fun with Nino and don't worry about me, okay? Bye."

Marinette hungs up and sighs.

She looks so sad... I wish I could help.

~Marinette's P.O.V~

It's 10 at night, Chat's and I regular time of meeting. I sneak out from my room, silently, trying not to wake my parents or my newly found kitten.

" Mari, you don't look okay. Maybe you should skip tonight's patrol?" Tikki asks concerned.

"Thanks, but I can't. I know you want me to be okay but I won't be until I find him." I say, being more serious than ever before.

Tikki nods acceptingly.

"Tikki, spots on."

I jump through the roofs of Paris, glancing at the moon and stars.

Please, help me find him.

His name in my lips is a silent whisper, pleading for the night that I see him again.

"Chat."

Where are you, kitty?
Why did you leave me?
Why did you leave your lady?

I need you...

It's been three days since I last saw him.

Three days.

What a coincidence. Looks like the world wants to shred my heart to pieces.

I stop at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Countless of lights shimmer before me. I look at the round, bright moon. The tears that had pooled in my eyes fall freely, shining due to the reflection of the lights. Each light is a tear that rolls down my face into the vast, lonely night.

"What... What must I do to get him back!?"