Chapter 7

As Piping had the maids prepare the water to fill the tub, she kept walking back and forth from one wall to another. Thinking of ways to calm her fast beating heart as she knows that the prince will arrive any minute.

(Conversations between the maids)

Maid Yi: Jie Jie, why do you think Ping is walking back and fourth? He looks so handsome like that though, do you think I will be able to seduce him?

Maid Bao: Mei Mei, you can't even seduce Ling how can you seduce Ping. You better clean up your act or else they will really kick you out this time.

Maid Yi: hmm.. Jie Jie you just wait, I will soon seduce Ping and get out of this misery of being a slave.

Maid Bao: I would love to live to see that day. Now hurry up and do your work or else Maid Yu will not let us eat dinner.

Maid Yi then walked up to Piping and said in a soft and seductive voice:

"Ah Ping..the water is now ready."

Piping's POV
I'm sick, no he would not believe that. I am gay! Ahh no what am I thinking. As I kept waking back and forth thinking of excuses, one of the maids then walked up to me. I then looked at her as she told me that the bath was ready. For some strange reasons, her voice and the way she said it does not sound normal. Is she trying to get my special attention?

It especially became more uncomfortable as she smiled and slowly lifted her head while slowly opening her eyes to look at me. She was looking down as she talked as that was how every maid talks to someone of a higher rank but this maid in particular tried to lock eyes with me. A sudden uncomfortable feeling formed behind my neck. So all I can do was give her an awkward and quick smile.

"Ah thank you. Both of you may be dismissed."

"Yes"

Whew they left. Ok I should just sit down and relax. I then sat down on one of the chairs and closed my eyes. I feel so relaxed at this moment on this chair that everything went dark.

Diwu Wangzi's POV

What a long day at the court. I can't believe that the third prince would suggest to send me to the base in the mountains. I know he wants the crown but I am not even trying to fight for it. This is why I hate politics. He probably wants to get rid of me because I am the empress's biological son and he is not. I guess after brother 1 dies from an illness many years ago, brother 2 being an opium addict, and brother 4 being such a coward really only places third brother and I to be the potential crown prince.

He can have the thrown as if I care. I just want to lead a peaceful life.

"Is my bath ready?"

Maid Yu then bowed down her head and said with a smile,

"Yes your highness, Ping is already in the bathing room waiting for your command."