01| Snow White

CALLA, like the flower, her namesake, was beautiful and just as delicate.

And to Nathan Prince, she was the greatest representation of the flower's magnificence he had seen.

He may have even said that she was more stunning than the flower.

Nate would also not the only one who though she was stunning. But he was probably the only one who, as much as he tried not to, showed his affection publicly.

Currently, Nate thought his life was quite akin to a fairy tale.

Calla McQueen was quite the socialite and Nathan Prince was not.

Calla was well known and liked. Nate was in the background.

Calla lived up to her surname and was the Queen of the Kingdom she had made her high school into.

Nathan did not, and often saw himself as the pauper instead of the prince.

Unfortunately neither had found their King or Princess respectively.

Calla fit into this fairytale world she had built, which suited her perfectly. She loved the idea of a happy ending, and was an avid reader of said fairy tales.

Although she doesn't admit to it, or like share the information, at seventeen, Calla was a Disney princess  at heart and had all the Disney and fairytale books on a shelf in her room.

Calla thought that her life had a strong resemblance to that of the famous Disney princess Snow White.

Like said princess, Calla had her own seven dwarves that she lived with and tidied up after. Although these dwarves were more commonly known as her seven younger brothers.

In her mind, and the minds of the few that knew of her adoration of the princess, thought she looked quite a bit like Snow White too.

With curly black hair just reaching her shoulders, and a skin complexion rivaling that of blank white paper, Calla thought she met the qualifications of a Snow White look alike.

If he was being honest with himself, Nate did too. He often thought that maybe that's what drew him to her, as he was a Disney fan himself.

Nate had often thought that their mutual love for Disney (although he may not admit to it) and fairy might have been a great way to initiate  a conversation with the socialite, but he didn't have the courage to do so, nor did he believe that it was a great thing to bring up in the shark pool that was high school, where a reputation means a lot more than it should.

He respected Calla too much to do that and the only reason he knew she was a Disney fangirl was that he had caught her once or twice with the books (Nate himself preferred the original story lines from the Brothers Grimm).

Admittedly, Calla had always believed in the idea of magic and a happily ever after. And she wasn't that far from the truth.

She was quite tired of kissing frogs and wanted to find her king that would sweep her off her feet.

Nathan was tired of not being kissed at all and he wanted to find his princess (or his Queen as he hoped), and sweep her off her feet.

Calla McQueen loved flowers almost as much as she loved Fairytales. Considering the fact that she was named after one is shouldn't have come as much of a surprise.

Her favorite flowers being roses, white roses to be exact, which represented innocence and purity, much like Calla did as well as an everlasting love (which she had yet to find).

Calla, like the flower, her namesake, brought happiness and serenity to those around her.

But Also like the flower Calla could be dangerous and deadly.

Calla was beautiful, like the flower, her namesake. And just like the flower, her beauty could only last so long.

***
Hey guys,
This is a new story following the #JustWriteIt challenge with the current one being #OnceUponNow
What do you think?

So vote and comment

Austen xx

Word count: 625