Chapter #15

{Louis’ Pov}

I tripped over my feet as the men, I guessed they were men, dragged us down more flights of stairs I never knew existed.

My heart never stopped pounding as I was thrown to the ground, fear shot into me when they yanked off the blindfold. Surrounding us were several people, around 30 to be exact, men woman and children.

I backed up against the wall as they started coming closer to me, they looked dead, the pale skin and hollow eyes. What caused this?

“Louis!, Over Here!”

I looked over to where Liam was sat in the corner, avoiding the many stares he was getting from the children. He yelled over to me and besides still feeling that pange of hate towards him, I reluctantly trudged over to where he was sitting.

“Liam.”

“Yeah Lou.”

Avoiding his gaze, I apologized for being such a diva, using his choice of word, and continued to stare at the floor.

“I’m, the one who should say sorry Louis, I just got frustrated, sorry...”

I could hear it in his voice that he meant it, without thinking I attacked him with a hug, making him loose balance.

“Sorry for being a jerk Liam, I don’t know what happened..” I mumbled.

“Its fine Lou, but please could you get off me, I think you’re suffocating me.”

I removed myself and sat back down against the wall still under the watchful eye of the other people in the room. I wondered if they recognized us? Maybe they’d had their memories wiped or something like that.

If we’d met any people in this room on the street, who knows what would happen.

I watched as Liam stood up, walking to the other side of the room, the people seemed to clear out of his path like they were afraid of him. He looked back at me, confused. I just shrugged my shoulders.

“Hey Lou, isn’t that the staircase to the bar?”

Looking over to where Liam was stood, I watched as he pointed out a little window, small enough to maybe fit a hand through, and bore a strange resemblance to the one I had been looking into previously.

“It is...” I muttered, walking over to the window.

“But remember we saw those marks or whatever they were, on everybody’s arms? What if that happens to us Liam?”

I started to panic, looking around I noticed that everybody had gone quiet, they seemed to back away and try and hide themselves into the corners of the room.

Its as if they knew something was coming. The small clock on the wall struck 12:00 and I spotted one girl who had started to cry. 

What was so bad about 12:00?

Before I knew what was going on, the door burst open and slammed against the wall, several men walked in and seemed to eye everyone. I grabbed Liam and we hid behind a group of people to our left.

Liam and I both watched as the man walked over to what looked like a family of four, he grabbed the boy and whisked him out of the door. The mother, I’m guessing, screamed protests as her husband held her back.

The men went as quickly as they came, they obviously had no intention of causing disruption between the large group of people.

“What was that all about?”

The man in front of us turned around and stared at us with a sad look on his face.

“It happens every day, they come, take one of us. Then we don’t see them again. Nobody knows where they go, but we sometimes see them through the window, they had a strange mark on their arm.”