Chapter #10

Liam’s POV

I launched myself at the bed in front of me, its no use just waiting by the door I told myself, but something inside me wanted to run to the airport or the supermarket myself and find someone so I didn’t have to be alone.

I stared at the ceiling for a good 20 minutes until my bored state got the better of me, and I jumped off the bed and went over to my cupboard to find something.

After an hour of rummaging through draws and finding things that no one should ever see I grabbed the small cube and did a little cheer in celebration.

A rubix cube.

Its the one thing that could at least suppress my bored self for about 30 minuted before I end up chucking it out the window.

There was nothing to do except wait, I hated waiting, I guess I was always an impatient person, I just like to do things, none of all this hanging around.

“Come on..”

I was constantly muttering to myself while keeping an ear out for the sound of footsteps or the jingle of keys in the door.

Being the stupid person I am, I checked my phone to see if I had any messages or miscalls about 5 times.

“LIAM WHERE ARE YA”

I lifted my head out of the pile of cushions and turned my head towards the door to see if anyone would actually walk in, or I was beginning to go crazy.

My question was answered by Louis barging open the door covered in mud.

“Um Louis, why are you coated in mud..”

"Well, as you can see the power just magically turned off and we couldn’t get the car started again so we had to walk, luckily for us it was only about 10 minutes away, but oh Lord is it mayhem out there..”

I stared at him, before realizing there was someone missing.

“Hey um Louis, where’s Zayn?”

“He’s, um...”

Before I knew it he just took off running down the stairs, I dragged myself off the bed and ran to catch up with him. 

We were greeted in the kitchen by Zayn carrying what looked like a whole crate of food, and several bottles of water.

He gave me a wide grin and proceeded to carry in endless amounts of supplies.

“Well, you see Liam, me and Louis had this idea, we don’t know how long the power’s going to be out now do we?”

“No but-”

“So me and Louis decided to gather up all the food we could find and bring it back with us! You should see it Liam! Everyone is going mental, shops are being raided, houses being robbed, I think the world’s gone crazy..”

“You don’t say..”

We all stood there for around 5 minutes until Zayn broke the silence.

“Uhm guys, can I get a little help over here?”

“Yeah sure sorry” 

I walked over the the large pile of supplies and spotted a few strange items among the handful I’d picked up.

“Zayn, why do we have pancake mix..its not like we’re going to be making any pancakes in a while..”

“Oh yeah, about that..”

I loud bang on the door brought us all to a stand-still.

Another bang.

Another one.