The Last Guardian

The Last Guardian

BY

Flora Holt

My name that’s not really important. Who or what I am not so important either. What I have to tell you is the important thing. You may want to listen to what I have to say or you may not, really it’s up to you. Why am I telling you, I’m not really sure. I just know that humanity has the right to know the truth. This, I guess you could call it a journal of sorts, but in many ways it’s completely different. So I guess I’m going to tell you a little story.

I know, I know you don’t have to say it. I know that if you’re to read this then I must tell you a little about myself. I guess that’s what makes it a journal. I know I said my name wasn’t important to what I have to tell but for those of you who need one, you can call me Tye. Tye, well that’s my current name though I’ve had many. In sixteen hundred years you go through a lot of different names. I don’t have to see you to note the disbelief on your face as you read this. I’m not lying, I can’t lie. I know you think I’m lying but as I’ve said I really can’t lie. You may never believe that for the truth but I can always hope you’ll at least come to believe a little of what I have to say.

I also said who and what I am isn’t important, well it’s not. However, if you are to believe anything I have to say I must tell you. I’m a vampire but believe me no sparkles here and none of the Hollywood bullshit applies. Forget what you’ve been told. The make believe is real so is the world of fairytales only in reality none of it’s sweet. It’s all the things you’ve ever had nightmares about. The boogeyman, vampires, trolls, werewolves it’s all real and it’s past time you woke up and realized it.

Now that I’ve told you who and what I am I also need you to understand I’m a Guardian or I should say the last Guardian. The Guardians protect the borderland between your world and ours. My job is to keep your kind in the dark, to keep you away from Otherworld, our home. The Guardians control the borderland but as the last of my kind I can no longer keep the inhabitants of Otherworld from entering yours. Well, the border it’s been breached and the world as you know it, it’s no longer safe. I can tell you a war is coming, I can only hope that humanity survives. As the last Guardian I cannot protect you all.