Chapter 14

• Dedicated to Tonii Babhiiee

Note: Okay so this chapter was written when I had writer's block so I apologise in advance for the crappiness, but on the bright side a lot happens in this chapter. Luckily I'm in a writing mood so I'm bringing you two chapters today. This is upload 1. Meanwhile the weather here in England is rubbish it has only just stopped raining buckets.  So please comment, fan, vote and read to show your support for the story and I hope you like the chapters my lovelies =D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were just approaching the main doors that would lead us our separate ways, and I knew that I had to say it now, otherwise I would chicken out. I nibbled on my lip before quickly hurrying forwards to catch up with Melinda and Caleb. They were currently hugging and I knew that they were about to go their separate ways.

"See ya later Mel!" I called to her as she turned to walk away from her boyfriend. She waved at me over her shoulder. I rolled my eyes, one of these days that girl was going to walk into something.

"Caleb wait up!" I called to him as he walked away. I ran to catch up with him and saw his shoulders tense.

When I was close enough to him I stopped and he turned around to face me. I gulped slightly but started to talk.

"I've realised that I've been hard on you. Too hard probably. It wasn't fair of me to judge you before I even knew you. You obviously make Mel happy and well... what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry. She's happy with you and I shouldn't let something that has happened to me get in the way of that" I rushed and breathed out after I had finished. Caleb was watching me warily and I could tell he wasn't sure what to make of what I had just said. Instead he nodded.

"I know. Mel told me everything that happened with you those months ago, and you have to believe me when I say that I won't hurt her. I'm not evil no matter what you think of me. I do care about Melinda, to the point that I would do anything for her" he said and I nodded before hugging myself as a cold wind blew around me.

"I know that now. Let's just say that after yesterday I'm looking at things with new eyes. So if you can forgive me I'd like to start over, and forget that these past few weeks ever happened" I suggested and Caleb grinned and nodded. I stuck my hand out.

"Hi I'm Lila nice to meet you" I said grinning. Caleb took my outstretched hand.

"Nice to meet you Lila. I'm Caleb, Melinda's boyfriend" he replied. We both grinned at each other before withdrawing our hands, and I dug my hands into my pockets.

"I need to go now though" he said pointing behind him. I nodded and waved at him, watching him walk towards the building that housed the eighth graders.

"Hey" Chris called as he hugged me from behind.

"Hey" I replied.

"So are you two like best buddies now then?" he asked and I turned around in his arms.

"Yeah sorry, it seems that you are out of that part of the equation" he frowned and I giggled before kissing his pouting lips.

"Come on let's get inside, strangely enough I've gone really cold" I said and Chris nodded before wrapping an arm around me and leading us towards the building that we were in.

Walking through the doors was heaven as I was bathed with warmth. Each time that I breathed out on our way to the building, my breath would turn white in front of my eyes. Sure it's still winter technically but usually it's slightly warmer in January than what it is in December.

"You okay now?" Chris asked and I nodded at him while we walked up the corridor. My teeth found my lip again and I started to nibble. I frowned at myself why was I doing this? I only ever chew my lip when I'm nervous about something.