Cut to the Chase (NaNoWriMo)

A/N: Pic to the side is Rorick in his ready to rumble gear :D 

Dedication for bettieB: here's those buckets you asked for :D

_______________________________________________________________

My delusions of grandeur are bigger than yours - unknown

The look on Ig's face when I walked into Port Authority headquarters was priceless. It was somewhere between 'I just crapped myself' and 'I'm stuck listening to Miley Cyrus on repeat'.

"Why hello Iggy. I'm so glad we caught you in today." I chimed out, tone cheery. I had to give the man points for not being a complete wuss, he gave me a hesitant smile, trying to act like he hadn't thrown me to the jackals already.

“Ladies, do you know what your lovely little man servant has been up to while you’re not paying attention?” I addressed the women in the room. Some of them were watching with curiosity and amusement, not aware of the dire things planned, and I knew they were the innocent ones. The ones that looked worried and disturbed, I made note of for when Rorick was finished. I’d gotten to kill Stephanie, Van had killed Rita, so Rorick had asked for Ig and I’d agreed. After that little chore was taken care of, we were free to investigate into how far up the chain this betrayal went. Was I targeted because I was here, or was there more to it? It’s not paranoia if people are honestly out to get you.

“You guys had a small pest problem here named Rita,” I started to explain and saw that the name sparked recognition in an awful lot of faces.

“Had?” Mary, the head of Port Authority stated. “That woman is a menace. Did you do me a favour and kill her?”

“Yes. Though I think you ought to know that your little pet there was the one supplying her with info.” I pointed at the now pale faced Ig. Mary turned to look at him but I was scanning the faces of the other women. Van was waiting outside for anyone who tried to make a break for it; I was making sure that no one interfered with Runner justice.

“He sold you out?” Mary guessed shrewdly. There’s a reason I like this lady. She put up with no one’s shit, be they Lady or slave, and she was more than willing to be practical over polite. I nodded that yes, Ig had had that massive lapse of judgment thinking he could sell me out, and Mary grunted, thinking. “Alright, he’s all yours.” She waved.

Ig cried out an objection, and to my surprise, so did a few of the other women there. That was their mistake. Mary was way smarter than I was so we both knew that Ig wasn’t acting alone. He simply didn’t have the clearance to get some of the information he’d been selling. Mary quelled the objections of her employees with a gimlet glare, no doubt already taking the names down of those that complained. She might just be vindictive enough to give them to me as a gift after this.

The man who was now fair game decided that he didn’t want to calmly wait for his doom and made a run for it. This was one of the moments I got to sit back, relax and enjoy the show. Of course since the doctor had stressed that I WAS NOT up to any demanding physical activities yet, I was more than happy to let my brute handle the situation. I do so love to watch that man work.

Rorick’s a big guy, and when I say that, I don’t mean ‘oooh he’s got a six pack hawt!’ I mean that he’s wide, tall, thick, and heavy but by no means does that mean he’s slow. Ig bolted for the door like he actually had hope of escaping. Rorick lunged and tackled the smaller man to the floor with a grunt and wheeze of air being knocked out of lungs. Despite the situation, my pain killer addled brain split its focus. Half of me watched as my blood slave and the soon to be dead man beat each other senseless on the cement floor while the rest of us watched. The other half decided to pick up where it left off on my stroll down memory lane. It was seeing Rorick rolling around on the ground that thrust the memory at me.