Quality Time with the Kidnappers (NaNoWriMo)

If you're going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

The same movement that had pulled me free of my cuffs also propelled me to ram my shoulder into Rita’s gut and send us sprawling to the floor. Using the meaty part of my useless fists, I slammed hammer punches down on the pretty woman until I heard Rorick growl out a warning. Too late, I felt the air tickle the back of my neck and then the barbs from the red head’s cat-o-nine circled my neck and dug in. My fingers curled around the leather as she pulled it tight, forcing me to kneel up. Rita was still on the ground under me, face a bloody, bruised mess and her body would be sporting some unfriendly patches for a while too. The woman on the other end of the whip pulled back more, forcing me to arch back or let the barbs dig in more.

“You will get off my Master right now or I’ll kill you myself.” The red head’s tone was actually threatening. Even I am not so big an idiot as to think she wasn’t serious. So I let her yank the whip back, at the same time I rolled backwards over my shoulder, putting me closer to her. It was enough to give me a little slack in the whip and I pulled the barbs from around my neck and dropped the whip before she could snap it back. I had about six seconds to either run like hell or stay and fight. Although I love to run from a good fight, I’ve never left Rorick behind and I certainly didn’t plan on it now. My foot shot out and I stomp kicked the red head in the pelvis, wishing my boots were still boots but the Shuffle had given me ninja feet. My shit kickers would have cracked something, these little slippers just let me send her flying. I spun back around to deal with Rita when my entire body screamed with an electrical current. The shocker gun in Rita’s hands was high tech, cost more than Rorick did and hurt like hell. They shot out little paint balls of death, electrical stickies that made you jiggle like jello and flop like a fish. I lay back on the ground, once again unable to control the movement in my limbs. A moment later Rita stood over me, the red head coming up beside her. The red head glared down at me, but it was the look in Rita’s eyes that gave me pause for alarm. She may not be the person calling the shots, but she was a big enough bully to enjoy all of this. She didn’t care about the red head who called her Master. It was a lot harder for a woman to become a slave. Usually one calling another Master was a sign of love and devotion, not possession. In this case, I think Rita was using red’s attraction to her benefit.

“So Rita, why don’t we ditch these two and go negotiate?” I asked, hoping Rorick was in good enough condition to break free. I couldn’t see the condition of his back from here, but he was slumped in his manacles, eyes closed. There was a heavy, rock like weight in my gut as I tried not to stare at him and give my game away. Logically I knew that a few lashes wouldn’t kill my slave, but I hated seeing him even pretend to be that hurt.

Rita threw her head back and laughed. It was grotesque looking with the blood still clotting on her face. “Felix. Don’t  you understand yet? I will take what I want from you. If I wanted your pretty little ass naked and writhing under me, all I gotta do is strip you and shoot you again.” The smile fell off her face, eyes glittering darkly as she finished talking.

The petulant glare on the  red head told me she really didn’t like this line of conversation. Oh good, dissention amongst my enemies. Some people think ‘divide and conquer’, I’m more of a ‘confuse and annoy’ type myself, but I’ll take whatever works. “So what is it I can do to get this all over with even quicker hmm?” I cut to the chase, wondering just how I could get out of this with Rorick and I relatively intact.

“You’ll see.” Rita smiled and leaned over, giving me a whiff of something…. Chemically. No. I know that smell. A mix of ether and amphetamines. She’s high as a kite right now. Trudy from the Hounds. That’s gotta be who tipped her off. I knew because Trudy was the only one dealing that shit right now.  “To start with, I’m going to take your dignity.” She patted my cheek and stood up, firing another shocker into me. I wanted to curse and try to withstand the pain ceasing up my muscles but again, that was beyond me.