Synonyms: Chapter 1

Why, hello there stranger! This is the first story I’m making on here. I'm pretty excited about this, it’s kind of out of the box haha. Excuse any errors/typos/etc. :) Oh! And feel free to give advice on anything from my cover (which was done by me) to the plot of the story :D So don't forget to Vomment (Vote+Comment) and possibly fan ;O *dances with you and then runs* :D

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

Zahra's POV

                Today is going to be a beautiful day. The sun is shining and the sky is barely clou- My hand hit the snooze button, cutting off the weatherman’s rapid forecast for the day. I groaned and tossed in my bed before getting up to use the bathroom. I am so not a morning person. With my eyes closed, I grabbed my toothbrush from the bathroom cabinet and reached for the toothpaste.Where is it? I tilted my head back and groaned, not wanting to open my eyes. I forced my eyes open and started searching for the toothpaste. I pulled back the shower curtain and looked on the soup holders. There, the toothpaste sat half-empty. I shrugged, mind as well take a shower and brush my teeth at the same time. I hopped into the shower and began my epic wash routine.

                After getting dressed and prepared for school, I walked quietly down the stairs and out of the house to my silver Volvo. I couldn’t risk waking up mom when she works from 8A.M. to 10P.M. every day. Yes, my mother is a cardiovascular surgeon. She opens hearts for a career. I don’t know how she does it, I would faint at the nearest sight of blood.

                Minutes upon my arrival at school, I catch Dante walking over to my car. I gather all of my belongings and start to step out when the warning bell rings.

“We’re going to be late, you know that?” He called from about 10 feet away.  I rolled my eyes and nodded towards Brooke who was walking our way after stepping out of her red buggy.

“So is she”, I nodded towards her.  When Dante reached me, we exchanged our hugs and walked to meet Brook halfway. Brooke smiled at both of us and grabbed us both into a hug. “I missed you guys!” she exclaimed.

“We saw each other Saturday, remember at the mall?” Dante asked, stressing his words slowly.

Brooke scowled at him and turned to me. “Anything new?” She asked, eyes glistening.

I shook my head. This girl loves to be on top of things. “Not a dag on thing” I replied almost in a daze.

The bell rang for first period and startled my nonchalant state. “We should get going before our ass cheeks become the next portrait on Mr. Coleman's wall”

Mr. Coleman was the schools principle, and boy was he a mean one. He had zero tolerance for late students. It doesn’t matter if you are disabled, blind, deaf, etc. It would be an automatic write up for a detention.

Dante gawked at me and Brooke laughed. I hooked my arms with theirs and started towards our class. Thankfully, we all had most of our classes together. We shared 5 out of 7 classes with each other.

I entered the classroom first, in my best ninja impression. Ignoring the smirks that were shot my way, I quickly made my way to my seat in the back.

Dante crawled to his seat next to mines and quietly sat down. Brooke simply sat in her seat, which was nearest to the door.

Our teacher, Mrs. Madison was reading emails on her computer, so she barely noticed our entrance.

“Ok class,” She started, still looking at the computer screen. “Looks like we are going to have an exchange student all the way from another country today.” She announced, while pushing her red framed glasses up the bridge of her nose. She stood and glared over the class, as if she was looking for something. As her eyes stared at me a smile crossed her face.

“Ah, Ms. Shay! Good morning!” She said enthusiastically.

I didn’t know if she was sincere or if she was onto me. Crap, she knew I was late. Crap, I’m going to get a detention. Maybe I’ll get two detentions. Crap crap cra-

“You will be our new students’ tour guide” She finished, right before taking her seat at the desk in front of the class.

My eyes bulged out of their sockets. She must be kidding me. I hate new students, they ask too many questions. Wait, but then again I feel bad for them. They hardly know anyone and all they want is a friend.

 I smirked to myself at that last thought.

Brooke turned her head towards me and silently laughed. I stuck my tongue out at her and made the most ridiculous face I could make. This made her laugh audibly. She put her head on the desk to mask her laughs. I chuckled to myself at how much she was laughing. It wasn’t even that funny.

Brooke stopped laughing when there was a knock on the door.

“Oh! That must be him.” Mrs. Madison chimed.

She opened the door and in stepped what appeared to be heaven on earth. Even Mrs. Madison had to look twice at what she was seeing. Girls in my class started to sit upright and look appealing as this beautiful creature made his way to the front of the class.

Brooke looked as if drool could be slipping off of her lip any second now. I looked at Dante and even he was admiring this new guys looks! I took one last glance at the new boy and our eyes met…whoa…why did it feel as if my heart just jumped right out of my chest? I quickly broke eye contact and immediately regretted it. Great, now he probably thinks I like him. I barely know him anyway so how could I? I rolled my eyes at myself for thinking such stupid thoughts.

“Don’t be shy…go on and introduce yourself to the class. Remember to say where you came from” Mrs. Madison beamed. All of the girls leaned forwards, waiting to hear his first words to the class.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yay! Chapter one finished! ;D

I wonder what hes going to say ;P

Tell me what ya think so far... Should i keep going? 

I will upload another chapter or two tommorow since i will have pretty much nothing to do :3

Thanks for reading...Tata! <3 *sashays away* c;