Chapter 23: Chaos

Trigger Warning* - this chapter contains scenes of physical violence.

CHAPTER 23

Arya Crawford

"YES!!!!"

"Fuck yeah!"

"Surprise bitch!"

Emotions.

"Aaron! Arya! Language!"

"Mother! Jon is alive! I don't have the good sense to mind my language right now!"

An emotion is a strong feeling deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others.

Mother frowned at me. "Jon, who?"

"Jon Snow, mother. Who else? The big beautiful bastard of Winterfell." I sighed dreamily.

"Its Game of Thrones, mom. Excuse us, we're just relieved." Aaron explained to my still confused mother.

Relief. A complicated emotion.

I had my face pressed against the TV screen where we had paused a very much alive Jon Snow. "I knew you'd come back to me, baby. I never lost hope."

Hope. A dangerous emotion.

Like a poison, hope, once crept into hearts and minds, spreads like wildfire. Nothing can hinder it. It carves its path until the unwanted finally comes to pass and sometimes even then it does not seize to exist.

It takes root in the heart of chaos when there is nothing else that can be done. Nothing else except hope. That is when it is most potent.

In a way, chaos in itself is an emotion. A loathed emotion that facilitates other negative emotions like despair and confusion. Chaos, hope's rival. An unwanted emotion.

But as Christopher Poindexter said, the thing about chaos is that while it disturbs us, it too, forces our hearts to roar in a way we secretly find magnificent.

The strange look my mother and brother were giving me only stopped when Charlie walked into the living room, briefcase in hand.

I jumped up and dashed toward her, grabbing her free hand.

"Charlie, Jon's alive!"

She chuckled. "I heard! I can see how happy you are. Wanna hear some more good news?"

"Lets take this into the kitchen, kids. Its time for breakfast."

Aaron wedged himself between Charlie and me to give her a quick peck on the lips as we followed mom into the kitchen.

"So, what's the news?" I asked sitting down at the table after grabbing an apple.

Charlie set her briefcase down on the floor beside her chair as she too sat down.

"Now its not as great as Jon Snow getting resurrected."

I clasped my hands together in front of me. "Ofcourse." I said solemnly.

"But I got the judge to reopen Carter's case."

I spat the milk I had just sipped straight onto Aaron's face in surprise.

He jumped up, his face splattered with milk. "Ugh! What the hell! You're sick, Arry."

I ignored him, my wide eyes glued to Charlie.

"You're kidding me...This is incredible! You're incredible!"

"I don't disagree." Charlie shrugged.