Chapter One

Chapter one.

 The silence of the palace of Medici was all of a sudden broken by the scream of the prince's nanny. Jadwaga ran across from one side of the palace to the other, shouting out his name. The short woman in her forties ran as if she was running a marathon. Her olive skin and her black hair had made people talk, that she was the true mother of the heir of Italy. Somehow the Queen found out what the young prince had been up too the night before and Jadwaga had to warn Stefan

“Stefan!” The maid shouted at the Prince. “Your mother is making her way to your room.” Babushka ran across the room to the large bay windows and with all her might threw the large curtains open bringing in floods of sunlight into the royal apartment. “Stefan!” The apartment looked with its champagne and chocolate themed room looked rich and regal in the light. 

The lumps underneath the duvet sharply moved and the young prince’s face appeared.  His Royal Highness Prince Stefan De Medici, Grand Duke of Millain and Heir to Italy, raised his hand to cover his eyes from the bright Tuscan sunlight. Stefan was a handsome boy, his black hair made him look more Italian and dark and mysterious. His face was one that you could stare into for the rest of your life, all the girls liked him and he liked them back, to much of the disapproval of his mother. Stefan had been declared a royal player by the Italian press, sleeping with most of royal courts around Europe and any girl that took his fancy. He couldn't walk into a royal court with out least of slept with no more then three of the members.

“Stefan please.” Babushka pleaded grabbing his arm trying to get him out of bed, as she pulled harder, Stefan’s date from the previous night flopped over the prince’s bare chest. Babushka gasped and let go of Stefan’s  arm in shock. Princess Charlotte of Monaco’s face looked up at Babushka, but before anyone could say a word, trumpets sounded outside of the bedroom. 

“Her Royal Highness Princess Anne, Grand Duchess of Rome and Queen Consort of Italy.” Was announced. Stefan quickly covered himself and Charlotte. Stefan’s mother walked in and looked at the scene that was facing her.The Queen was of medium height and held herself in a way that other queens wouldn't know how.  Babushka looked up and bowed to the Queen. The look on Anne’s face was not happy. Her days as a Debbi were gone, but she would be able to do it all again.

“Jadwaga would you like to explain what is going on.” Anne asked Babushka with her piercing eyes. Babushka was the name that Stefan gave to his nanny years before and had stuck with the family but her real name was Jadwaga. Babushka looked at the Queen and said nothing. “Well Stefan would you like to explain to my why The Crown Princess of Monaco is lying next to you and hasn’t greeted me!?” Anne said with a snide tone, she knew everything that went on in her household, and she was not happy.

All of a sudden Charlotte emerged from underneath the sheets, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as she looked at The Queen Consort of Italy. Stefan looked at his mother expecting her to explode, but instead Anne gave her hand to Charlotte, and in haste she kissed Anne’s hand. The silence in the room was deafening. Anne stepped away from the bed and turned her back to the three of them.

“Stefan I want to see you in my apartment in ten minutes. Jadwaga make sure that The Princess Royal is escorted off the palace grounds.” Anne turned around and walked out of the room with her head high, and back straight.