Chaper Three

The baby cries could be heard over the baby monitor in the sitting room. The noise made Sophia De Norte jump up from her afternoon doz, her face flushed from the sudden noise that awoke her. She gathered herself and walked into her bedrrom where her beautiful baby girl lay-ed unhappily in her pink coat. Sophia's slender body bent over to pick up her Little Princess. Sophia was good looking girl, many men commented on this when she walked past them in the street. They think that she couldn't hear them but she could, and still smiled to herself as she walked off.

Nicola De Norte was born on the 23rd of June, weighing in at six pounds in a private hospital east of Rome. Her mother has spend ten hours in labour with Nicola and waited patiently to have her daughter in her arms. Since Nicola was born, Sophia wouldn't let her be with anyone else, she clugg to her child as if she never wanted to let go. Nicola was a beautiful baby her black hair and olive skin made her look like her mother, but there was a hint of someone else that no one knew who. Sophia told no one who the father was, she claimed that she didn't know herself.

It had been Ten Months since Sophia has brought her Princess home to a small one bedroom apartment on the outskirts of Florence. Since Sophia has left her post at the Palace working as a maid, she had little money and couldn't afford a nice apartment for Nicola tp have a nice private nursery. A cheque arrived at the beginning of every month but as soon as it had arrived it was torn into little pieces, and a sudden crying fit from Sophia, she wouldn't accept charity.

Sophia brought Nicola into the small living room to play with her toys. The small living room looked bigger by its cream walls and tasteful pictures on the wall. In the corner was a small black table which has the remains of Nicola lunch on it. Nicola's toys were screwen all over the black and cream rug which hid the pale marble floors so it was something warm for Nicola to play.

 The center piece in the whole living room was a table set in-between the two french doors leading to the balcony, the black ornate table was nothing special but the flowers on-top were. In a tall glass vase held the most beautifulest Lilly's you could get in Florence. Its white flower petals stood out against the cream wall, even with the colours being so similar. The White Lilly's represented the true house that Nicola belonged too, or what her fathers house was. Sophia all-ways brought them to have a reminder of who her daughter was.

 Then you only have to look slightly to your left or right to look out of the windows to see down the valley and see Florence in all its beauty. Once you look past all of the orange Tuscan buildings in the distance, you can see the glimmering shore line and its rippling tide. Then you see the Palace of De Medici, allso known as the Palace of Lillys, in the right hand corner of your eye. Its large windows looking out to see, and its beautifully archuitured back facing the town, all-so a constant reminder of where Nicola belonged.