Chapter 20

Sharon always loved how well she fit in his arms. Chris body was just as warm as she remembered it to be. 'Oh...! How she missed the warmth'. Her eyes widened immediately at that thought. Her senses returned to her as she registered what was happening.

She placed her hands on his chest and gave a hard shove. Both of them were breathing hard, Chris had back of his Palm pressed to his lips. Sharon had her lips pressed in thin line as she muttered "Stay away from me". She said walking ahead.

Chris was glad she didn't use violence like last time. He pushed his hands into the pocket of his jeans and walked behind her enjoying her back view.

Sharon could feel his eyes on her and she gulped again. She stopped suddenly causing him to bump in to her. "Walk beside me" she said sternly.

Chris looked as if a deer caught, 'God.. why did he look so cute?' 'Sharon get hold of yourself!! What the hell are you going on thinking about? You hate him,remember.Must have been the kiss. Yes the kiss" she talked with herself.

"I was okay." He said shrugging his shoulders .

"I know" She said curtly.

"Thanks for the necklace. Beanie is in love with it." He said after few minutes of silent strides.

"I'm glad she likes it." Sharon replied twisting her fingers.

"Come on out with it, " Chris said observing Sharon.

Sharon's brows raised in a question. "I know you want to ask something, ask." He said.

"Its just.... that... Did April say anything? Did she talk about me? Does she hate me?"

"Sharon...Breath. Yes, she talked about you and she likes you a lot already... you should just give her sometime to come around. Just keep giving her your love. There is nothing a mother's love can't win."

Sharon felt she saw a tinge of sadness in his last line. "Is your mom doing okay?"

Chris looked surprised that she would asked about her. "I think so." He said shrugging.

Sharon frowned but didn't say anything. It was quite a walk to Savannah's Flat. By God's grace Chris could keep his thoughts to himself.

Sharon rang the doorbell but  there was no response. "Savvy.. Savvy.." she knocked on the door.

Sharon looked around a little, tried to peek through Windows but nothing was seen. "Savvy.... Savannah, open the door."

"I think no one's home." Chris said trying to twist the knob.

Sharon shook her head in a no and pointed to the open door in the balcony the other side. "Savvy... open the door or I'll have it broken."  Sharon threatened but still there was no reply .

Chris raised an eyebrow at her. "I don't think she is in there. May be she left the door open." He reasoned.

"You think so?" Sharon asked looking around for a way to get into the balcony.

Savannah's flat was at the right  corner of the building. There fore the balcony was just few steps on the other side of corridor.
If just Sharon could make it those few steps.

Sharon removed her sandals and jumped on the wall to climb into the balcony.
Chris panicked immediately seeing on the thin corridor wall on 4th floor. "What are you doing?" He asked his hands holding her arms tightly and trying to get her down.

"Do not fret. I'm trying to get to the balcony now leave me and let me concentrate so I won't slip." She said frowning at him.

"Are you crazy? What if you fall?" Chris asked looking down.