Chapter 9

Sharon was officially not on speaking terms with Momo after what happened last night. She was currently putting the clothes away for laundry.

"Mommy.... Momo wants water." Her three year old son said. Sharon dropped the clothes on the machine before picking up her son and filling a glass of water for Momo.

"Mommy, you are angry? " he asked wondering what might have happened.

"No baby" she said giving the glass to Momo.

Momo lifted her face from the book she was reading, she was carefully accessing her mood.

"Well lad you still seem to be in a foul mood." Momo concluded.

"Oh... foul mood.. No... I am dancing in daisy unicorn land." Sharon said sarcasm lacing through her words.

Momo chuckled at her reply.

"And you are laughing...." Sharon sigh going back to her laundry. She has about 20 minutes before she could start.

"Oh... Sharon. It's just a dinner." Momo said helping Sharon with the clothes.

"Just a dinner with my exhusband, his new fiancee and my daughter!!! I don't think it would be fun" Sharon snapped. "And moreover what if Chris or that woman figure out Chase is Chris's son. What am I going to do!"
She said before she made sure Chase was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh Sharon what are you afraid of? Do you still love him? Do you still feel something for him?" Momo asked studying her face.

"No.." Sharon said in a small voice , She hates him. He doesn't deserve her love after what he did.

"What?" Momo asked so that she could clearly hear her say.

"I do not have feelings for him." She snapped.

"Good, then him coming for dinner shouldn't be problem."

Sharon gave Momo a dry look, What does she wanna see? What the hell is she planning? Sharon couldn't understand.

***

Chase was terrified to pull the stunt he pulled the other day, when his mommy was so angry. She didn't say anything but her eyes were red and puffed. Maybe Mommy cried! He thought. He didn't want to make his mommy cry. He will be a good boy, he thought.

Chase was told that today his Mommy was not taking him along with her. So, he have to be a good boy play inside the house and take care of Momo.

Chase was playing with his small Cars in the front porch when he heard someone open the gate and walk towards him.

"Hello! Can I play with you?" The blue eyed girl asked.

Chase looked up and recognized her as the girl from the house across the street.

"You want to play with me?" Chase asked real quick.

"Yeah. I live right opposite your house." She said.

"I know" Chase said smiling.

"My name is April." She said sitting in front of him Indian style.

"April."

"What is your Name?" She asked.

"Chase." He said wondering if it's okay to play with her when his Mommy said Not to.

"You are so cute."she said pinching his cheeks.

Chase never allowed, when i say never I mean NEVER, let's anyone touch his cheeks other than his mother but he couldnt push the girl sitting in front of him smiling.