Chapter Seven.

Chapter Seven.

He was slowly stalking his was towards me, his footsteps light as if his feet weren't touching the floor. His green eyes identical to my own were a light with anger; the unusual golden flecks seemed to darken in anger. I flinched away from him and cowered into the wall behind me, the cold plaster caused a shiver to run through my body whilst I shook with fear.

"Please." I begged. I could feel the warm tears that ran down my cheek leaving behind a salty trail.

"You're worthless." He spat as he inched closure towards me.

I knew that he was right but I still shook my head from side to side, trying to stop his voice from getting to me. I had been told many times that I was worthless, it was no different from all of the other times that he had backed me into a corner as insulted me.

"You're stupid." He hissed.

I could feel the hatred that rolled off of him in waves as if they were actual waves of water crashing into my body and knocking me back against the wall with every insult. I couldn't breathe, the breath in my throat got caught and my lungs burned as I continued to chock on nothing.

"You're pathetic." He sneered.

Every word that he spoke to me was like a slap on the face. I knew that everything he said was true; it had been drilled into my brain since I had discovered what those words meant. It was heart breaking to know that my own dad thought so little of me, that he enjoyed both the physical and mental abuse that I suffered at his hand. I wanted to cry out and tell him to stop, tell him that he was lying but that would only make the situation worse. The pain that I was about to endure would only increase tenfold.

"You were a mistake." He growled from deep within his chest. I had never heard him sound so animalistic before and it scared me. My entire being was frozen in fear as I stood paralysed against the wall.

I didn't fight back as his hand slowly wrapped around my neck whilst adding pressure. He was slowly suffocating me, cutting of my air supply making it almost impossible to breathe. I could see the amused glint in his eyes and I knew that he was enjoying watching the life slowly slip away from my eyes right in front of him. I began to struggle against his hold, my hands wrapping around his wrist as my fingers clawed at his skin. I was trashing against his hold, my legs kicking out in different directions whilst I pleaded silently with my eyes for him to let me go.

"Esme," my name was being called from far away. It was calling out to me from darkness that I was trapped within.

I woke with a breathless gasp, my throat burned and my eyesight was blurred with tears making it difficult to see. My heart beat rapidly against my chest; it felt as if it was trying to escape my body all together with each painful contraction, my hands were cold and sweating whilst I breathed in deeply trying to calm myself down.

It had just been a nightmare, it had all been true. The memories had all mixed together to create one nightmare. I could still feel his hands on my throat, his words echoed within my ears. I knew that I was foolish to ever think that I would be able to escape him, he may have disappeared from my day to day life but he would always haunt my dreams whether I liked it or not. The memories would forever be imprinted in to my mind and I had to learn to cope with them.

I was lying down on a bed, it was unfamiliar and the mattress underneath me was hard and uncomfortable. My body was propped up with pillows that were surprisingly comfortable, fluffy and large that allowed my entire upper half to sink in to them. A white blanket pooled at my waist whilst my body was covered in what looked like a large t-shirt that I had never seen before. The dark blue t-shirt dwarfed my entire body; the soft material gently caressed my sensitive skin whilst a scent that I was surprisingly familiar with could be smelt.