Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight.

I had half expected them both to turn around and say no, so I hadn't really thought of a set number of questions. I had so many and I didn't want to ask the most important ones straight away as I wanted to get them both used to answering my questions before I asked the more difficult ones.

I looked between the two of them as I brought the pen to my lips and thought of a simple question. I could ask so many. Although I had questions I briefly wondered if I was ready to know the answers as I was sure that I wasn't going to like some of the information that I was about to find out, but it had to be done. I needed answers and now was the perfect opportunity to get them.

'Are you really werewolves?' I wrote on the page as I showed it to Logan more than my mum.

"Yes," he chuckled, the sound so deep and masculine that I found myself trying to suppress a shiver, "we shift when we want to or when we feel a really strong emotion such as anger. We don't turn into out of control animals when the full moon is out and we are generally peaceful animals unless we feel threatened or angered."

It was as if he knew exactly what I was going to ask. It was weird and I was a little scared. I was surprised to hear that they didn't turn into out of control animals on the night of a full moon as I had expected. I didn't believe that they were peaceful animals as I had yet to see any evidence that they were. Logan had shifted twice, in the short time that I had been in his presence, from anger and he had seemed unstable.

'How?' I wrote with a small frown.

"I'm not sure myself," Logan began with a thoughtful expression on his face, "I guess no one is really sure how it happened, I was born with the werewolf gene like a lot of other people within packs. I know that some people say that the moon goddess a thousand years ago granted a small village with the ability to shift so that they could protect themselves and everyone else and others say that it was a scientific experiment gone wrong. No one really knows and no one has had the knowledge or resources to find out. It's the only way of living my pack has ever known."

'What's a Luna?' I wrote down on a clean piece of paper before showing it to both my mum and Logan.

It was the first question that seemed reasonable and the answer to the question didn't seem like it was bad as Alpha Paul had called Gemma his 'Luna' and the love and affection between the two made it seems impossible that a 'Luna' was something negative. I hoped that I was right as I had been called 'Luna' by Doctor Luke a few moments ago.

"I think you should answer this one." My mum said as she looked towards Logan who was looking thoughtful for a few moments.

"Luna means moon goddess. A Luna is the mate of an Alpha; my parents are mates and so when they mated they became the Alpha and Luna of the pack. A Luna is basically another word for Alpha Female, she helps look after the pack, she takes care of its members and she takes care of the Alpha by sharing his problems and the weight of looking after a pack. A Luna is very important to the survival of a pack as without one the pack will fall." Logan told me as his eyes locked with my own.

A 'Luna' sounded like someone important; the packs survival depended on this one person. I doubted that I was a 'Luna' and Doctor Luke had made a mistake. I hadn't missed how Logan had mentioned that his parents were 'mates' and I had yet to know what that meant. I had concluded that the word 'mate' didn't mean that his parents were friends as they has completed something called a 'mating process'. It was as if with each question a number of other ones seemed to appear.

I nodded my head a little before flipping the page over and writing my next question, 'What's a rogue?'

"A rogue," my mum began as I looked away from Logan and towards my mum, "is a werewolf that doesn't belong in a pack. Rogues are normally humans trapped within the body of their wolf, they give into the desires of their wolf. Rogues are normally violent and out of control but there are few rogues who are not which is most likely because they are searching for their mate or because they are strong enough to resist the urges of their wolf."