Part Twenty Seven

It was wonderful to fall asleep in Peter’s arms, satiated, replete and exquisitely happy, then wake up there too still feeling the same way. Alexis stretched luxuriously, loving the roughness of his stubble against her cheek, the coarse hair of his chest and thigh against the softness of her. As she moved, stretched and savoured every sensation, he stirred. Alexis held her breath as she watched him nuzzle into her neck and settle back to sleep, then lay there for an age just watching him breathe, sigh, there was something voyeuristic in secretly watching him.

It was all still surreal, for so many years this had been her fantasy and now, it was real, Peter wanted her as much as she wanted him, and the thought made her toes tingle. If she’d fallen into a relationship with Brad Pitt or Matt Damon she’d be no more delirious, as to her, Peter had always been a greater fantasy than her friend’s ultimate schoolgirl crushes.

And he delivered...on every level.

Peter smiled in his sleep, she wasn’t sure why, but at the same time his arms tightening around her. With a grin she wriggled against him, pressing her chest into his, her pelvis against his. When there was no response, she wrapped her leg around his, pulling his thigh between hers, writhing against him in the hope that it would wake him up. She’d watched him sleeping for ten minutes and suddenly it wasn’t enough.

With a sudden movement, completely unexpected, Peter rolled over, dominating her until she was exactly where he wanted her, flat on her back, his mouth pressing to her ear.

"You tease you!” He licked at her ear lobe, as his husky words washed over her. “I was enjoying you watching me, it was quite the turn on, but the wriggling was far too much to tolerate, even for a saint like me!"

Her laugher dissolved against his lips as he overwhelmed her every sense.

Later she was reluctant to leave the bed, but was eventually tempted into the shower with him, then they ate another meal before returning to bed, Alexis found it hard to believe they’d spent so long in bed, not that they weren’t playing catch up, that they’d waited months for this moment, but it still seemed rather indulgent.

Peter was a great cook, and she enjoyed tasting the wonderful food he lovingly prepared. The next morning he wanted to take her out, show her the area, but she was cold, it was cold. She’d spent almost eight months in the sultry heat of Rio de Janeiro; this seemed too savage an extreme for her. Peter had smiled, then took her out to buy her a thick winter coat, gloves and a hat.

After coffee at a small cafe in Geneva, he bundled her back into the car, and in more appropriate gear, took her on a walk to his favourite point, high up on the mountain with a fantastic view of the deep valleys and the city sprawled in the distance alongside the huge lake.

                “You like?”

She sat on a rock, feeling as though she was above the world and smiled at him, “it’s amazing up here!”

He laughed, “I love it, and it’s even better when it’s snowed and you can snowboard almost to the front door of the cabin. I love it here.” He repeated a wistful look in his eyes.

Alexis did love it too, though it wasn’t her home, and she couldn’t imagine living here, and she couldn’t imagine Peter inviting her to live here. They’d still not discussed what happened once she returned to London. So far their relationship had been on such a temporary basis. Him in Australia, her in Brazil, and now both here in his holiday home. Reality would be them both working, juggling family and friend commitments, managing to live in different countries. She couldn’t work in Switzerland, she spoke only pigeon French, and even less German, plus she’d not gained any formal experience as  doctor, she needed to spend time as a junior, learning the ropes. And that would mean long hours, weekends, on call shifts. None of which was conducive to having a lover a two hour flight away.