Part Eight

Chapter Eight

They'd barely slept, and Peter couldn't remember the last time he'd had so many encounters in one night, he felt like a randy teenager. Alexis was asleep now, wrapped in his arms protectively. He felt real affection for her, but he knew he'd end up hurting her, he just had no intention of starting a relationship, especially with her, and whilst she said she understood, he felt more guilty than he ever thought possible.

"I need to go back and change!" he offered kissing the top of her head. "I really need to see the first lecture today; it's my old mate from Uni."

Wriggling on to her side she looked at him, letting the sheet fall away from her body, "ok. If you must."

Peter groaned as she deliberately rubbed her body the length of him, desire making him forget anything else, and he turned quickly and pinned her to the mattress, elbows either side of her face. His breath was warm on her cheek as he spoke, "considering last night this was all new to you, you've caught on rather well!"

She parted her thighs, so his pelvis fell between them, and hooked her ankles over his calves. "Just because I hadn't actually slept with another man, doesn't mean I don't know what turns them on!"

He smiled as their bodies touched intimately, "you're not wrong about that!"

It was a lot later when he kissed her briefly as he didn't trust himself with anything more, and finally headed for his room.

Stretching luxuriously, Alexis was grinning like a Cheshire cat still lying in bed, reaching for her phone she called the only person she could in this situation.

"Hello?"

"Henrietta! It's me! You'll never guess what happened last night?" Lex giggled, "and parts of this morning..."

Her sister sounded shocked, "Lex? You haven't? You didn't?"

Alexis laughed, "I did! We did! He keeps going on about being too aloof, too busy for a relationship...but hey! Live for today, I might never see him again."

"So?" she could hear her sister sigh as she presumably lowered her beach ball body into a chair. "How did that come about? And how was it?"

Alexis laughed, "it was pretty awesome!" Then she proceeded to tell her sister the circumstances that led up to her bedding the man of her childhood dreams!

Her sister listened patiently, nodding and agreeing at all the appropriate moments, when Lex's gushing had finished, she sighed, "Lex, I get casual sex, hell I had a load of it when I was younger. But you're not like me! You don't do casual anything! Are you sure you can cope with this?"

Lex felt her smile falter slightly, "I may never see him again, I'd regret if we didn't. And it was brilliant! I can have fun for a few days with him, then head off into the real world after. I know it's not perfect, but it's what I want."

"He hurt you so much last time Lex; I'll kill him if he hurts you. I really will."

Lex bit her tongue, not wanting her sister to know that whatever happened here just seeing him was inevitably enough to break her heart!

There was little of interest for her to watch that day, but obviously she had to attend the big award ceremony that night. So she spent the morning in the gym, and pool. Later she joined the group for lunch. Peter was noticeable by his absence at the luncheon, but as usual, Bob and his team of cronies were quick to take up her company. She ate amidst the usual humour that followed him around, and made the most of the excellent food that this hotel served. Who knew where she'd be the following week, after all she still had the option of joining her friends in Mexico, there were job offers...either way she wouldn't be enjoying five star luxury for a while.