Sherlock-ette: Elementary

Okay, they told me to write it all down. Everything that happened. Everything I saw. Heard. Did.  It's called my 'statement', so they say. So you want to know what happened to those kids? I'll tell you.

Where to start....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 29th

"Macy J Sherlock! Get yo ass over here girl!"

I laughed at the familiar holler. Even in a huge crown of people Mel was completely audible.

I was about to get my arse over there until I felt a tug on my suitcase.

"Oi!" I shouted, whriling around.

"I see you haven't lost your accent baby."

"Eric!" I cried, flinging myself in to my boyfriend's arms.

"You look awesome Mace", he smiles, looking me over. "You tanned? In England?!"

I shrug. "It's actually pretty nice in September, it's August you want to look out for".

"Noted", he laughs.

That's where I'm from. England that is. When I was seventeen I decided to apply to New Jersey College in, surprise surprise, New Jersey. It took some convincing, but my parent's finally agreed to let me go.

At first people had made fun of my accent, but you know what they say, make it so they're laughing with you, not at you. After a few weeks I was accepted and with the help of my dormies, I got pretty popular. I mean, I'm no cheerleader, but I do pretty well. I managed to score Eric afterall (insert wink face).

ANYWAY.

Just when I was about to start snogging Eric's face off (I hadn't seen him for two weeks okay?), Amaryliss, my arch nemisis walked by.

"What was that you said?" she croned in a poor attempt at an English accent. "You decided to drop out? Shame."

 "Well, clearly not, since I'm standing here right now", I said. Amaryliss is not very smart. She glared at me.

"Go back to England,snob!" she snapped.

 "Oh lay off her Amaryliss!" said Eric. Amaryliss shot him an evil look then stalked off with the rest of her gang of cheer leaders. We've never really gotten on, Amaryliss and I. It might have something to do with the fact that I 'stole' her boyfriend last year.

No, I did NOT steal Eric from her. He found out that she'd been cheating on him and left her. That's when he joined our circle with all the football players that hadn't slept with Amaryliss (which was less than you'd think) and even a few cheerleaders who came with the football players, then decided we were pretty cool and stayed. All in all it turned out pretty well.

For everyone except Amaryliss.

Anyway, enough teenager-y drama. Time to introduce you to my best friend:

"Macy! Was that bitch giving you trouble?" I heard a welcomed voice call.

"Olivia!" I cried, running in to her arms.

"She was, but she's gone now", said Eric, holding on to my suitcase to stop it falling to the ground. I tried to take it back, but he insisted on carrying it to my dorm.

"I either carry this or I carry you", he said. I offered to let him carry both but he just laughed like I was being funny.

 New Jersey College is great.

These are the reasons I chose to go to here:

1) They give you on campus accomodation until your third year

2) It's huge. There's loads of subjects and a huge mix of people.

3) Summer in New Jersey is hotter than England but not too hot.

4) You get to major in one thing, and minor in another. I have a lecture on Criminal Justice six days a week, but on mondays and wednesdays I have lectures on history.

5) It's like, the next state over from New York. Cool or what?

While we were making our way to the dorm I shared with Olivia, Mel, another girl (Sophie) and three boys (Jack, Holden and Lee), Olivia started talking birthdays. Namely, hers. I'm nineteen, just like most of my friends. Olivia, on the other hand, got in to college a year early because she is extremely good at maths, english and science, so she was yet to have her 19th birthday.

We became bestfriends on the first day of college when I helped her heave her ginormous suitcase up the stairs. She'd asked me why mine was so light and I'd told her it was because I couldn't take much on the plane. When we'd gotten to the fourth floor we realised our dorm was only on the secound floor and almost fell down the stairs laughing as we dragged everything back down.

"So, what do you think?" she asked. "Party at our dorm in two weeks?"

"Definately", I agreed.

"A party? I'm so there", said Evan, one of the football players. He came to join our group last year with Eric. He was actually one of the guys that HAD slept with Amaryliss, and had done again many times since, but he didn't seem to think it mattered.

"Who said party? Whoever it was, I'm in", said Lee, emerging from one of the fire escape doors.

Eric rolled his eyes. "Okay guys, but don't give the girls too much to clean up will you? We all know what you're like Evan"

Eric and Evan shared a dorm with a few of the other footballers and some of the drama-y girls. That didn't stop him sneaking in to be with me most nights. Eric, not Evan. Lee was in the same dorm as me and Olivia.

"Ofcourse he won't man, he would never wanna make Sherlock Holmes mad", said Lee.

Yeah, that's another hilarious joke that follows me around. My name is Macy J Sherlock, and my best friend's name is Olivia Holmes. We both study Criminal Justice. Sherlock Holmes, geddit?

"It's settled then", said Mel. Except, since it was Mel it was more of a shout. "First party of the semester is on us!"

And then we all went and partied away until our hearts were content, we were blue in the face, and everyother until-we-were-completely-done cliché you can think of, then Eric and I lived happily ever after.

It looked like that was going to happen. It really, really did.

Until the killings started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Notes:

Thank you for reading =o) I will try to have the next bit out as soon as I can. Please give feedback. The action starts soon, I promise.