22

It was pointless, of course for the doctors to see to Minnie. She sat on a bed, the doctor before her looked her up and down, truly confused. "It's all right," she smiled, "See to the others." She nodded encouragingly at him. He gave a nod and turned away seeing to some of the soldiers who had come with her.

Jumping down she walked over to where Jack stood. "What's it like?"

"Horrible." Minnie replied reaching out she put an arm around his shoulders. "Truly, horrible."

"He's really come back?" Raf asked, he appeared from seemingly nowhere. Jack had accompanied Minnie to the first aid tent. Miko and Raf were meant to be with Fowler.

"Come," Minnie gestured back the way he came. Once walking into the tent, they were confronted with Miko firing questions at hundred miles per hour. "One at a time."

"He's really come back?!" Miko exclaimed Raf's earlier question.

"Yeah," Minnie said quietly while rubbing her hands up and down her arms. She had been told to remove her hoodie for the sake of an examination. Regardless of the fact that she said it was a pointless thing to do. There was nothing no human doctor could do for her. Cybertronian on the other hand. Her fingers trailed over missing flesh and robotics. Her eyes glazed over as she stared into space. Jack put a hand on her shoulder which caused her to jump. "He has. He fell into the cave in...he fell right into Unicron..."

"So," Miko said while tapping her chin thoughtfully. "He's basically a thousand times worse than he originally was?"

"Correct," Minnie gave a slow nod.

Fowler exclaimed something and threw his hands in the air. They looked to him. "As if things couldn't get worse!" He said more quietly, but no less serious.

"How can they fight against such a thing?" Raf asked quietly, Minnie when she reappeared had given a loose description of what had happened and the condition of Megatron.

She looked at him sadly. "They'll find a way." She turned and looked out of the tent doorway, her eyes looked to the thick smoke which was trailing up from the centre. "They will." She said more certain.

——

Sending the injured and Minnie away was a wise decision to take. The humans, try as they might they couldn't fight against the reanimated form of Megatron. As Arcee went careering along the ground creating small craters as she went, Optimus stopped shielding some of the soldiers before standing up.

With them by his side he ran towards the silver form which looked slightly more rusty than it did earlier on. Unicron's spirit was clearly destroying Megatron's form in more ways than one. Sure, he had enhanced his speed, his strength, even his weapons. But that was all coming at a price. How long Megatron's form could last with Unicron within him was an unknown thing. At the moment it didn't seem to be slowing him down. There was an urgency in the way he attacked, and a frantic way in which he would follow the attack up with another, then another. Right now Ironhide and Bulkhead were on the receiving end of such an attack.

Sheathing his sword, Optimus went tackling into Megatron's blindly attacking form. Both grunted and skidded along the debris strewn ground. Pieces of gravel flicked up and scratched against them. But neither paid any mind to such a minor thing. It was Megatron who managed to break away. He aimed a well placed punch into Optimus's chest. From this he used his other hand to grip onto his shoulder and push him off of himself. Optimus suddenly found himself flying to the side. Quickly recovering and crouching, he lifted his arm up to block the attack which was sent down at him.

Being pushed down into the ground, he used the sudden appearance of gun fire to his advantage. Megatron let out a low growl at being shot at, although really it was Unicron's distaste more than Megatron's. Unsheathing his sword, Optimus aimed upwards and sliced diagonally across Megatron's chest. Despite upgrading the original bot, Unicron seemed to have forgotten not to take his eyes off of his opponent. The cut wasn't deep, but it was deep enough to have cut away some of his chest plates. The dark purple spark within shone out brightly. The spark which was previously void of anything, was now beginning to shine with a new, dark life. It was also now the one weak spot which Optimus had full intention of taking advantage of. As Megatron faltered back from the gun fire, Optimus shot at him too, just to create space between them both.