#WriteWeMay Day One

1. What is the first book you wrote?

I've written off and on for nearly my entire life, but the first serious story I wrote and finished was Stolen Hearts.

Stolen Hearts was written at a time when I had hit my mid-life crisis pretty hard.  My oldest had  moved out to go to college a few months before and at the same time, I realized I was quickly approaching my mid-century age mark.  Writing became a way to cope with all the emotions I was feeling, and I think all those emotions were poured into that story.  It's a very emotional story.  Too emotional really, but writing and posting it on Wattpad changed my life.

Stolen Hearts is a pretty flawed story, but that's to be expected for my first real attempt at writing.  In spite of all it's faults, I'm incredibly proud of what I accomplished with it and its characters Robert and Georgie hold a special place in my heart.  There are readers who love it, and I'm extremely grateful that I found such a great place to share it with those readers. 

Stolen Hearts turned me into an honest to goodness author, and has enriched my life in ways I could  never enumerate.  Someday, I hope to go back and fix all the mistakes in it.  I know it could shine as a novel.

I thought it would be fun to share all the covers I've made for it over the years it's been on here.  You'll see from the gif below, it wasn't always called Stolen Hearts.  Enjoy!

  Enjoy!