4| Wet Thy Principal Part II

"The original bad boy spends his life on what he considers useful."

4| Wet Thy Principal Part II

Splash!

The entire cafeteria--well, the corner of the cafeteria dedicated to the fundraiser--roars in laughter as the ruthless rebels or Arsen's gang splash the principal with water balloons. My eyes fix on the tall, lean built guy who bought an entire bucket of water balloons to soak the principal with. I admit, Arsen has an amazing aim when it comes to hitting someone in the face.

Explains my forehead injury pretty well, doesn't it?

Speaking of the devil, I never receive an opportunity to query him about the Skylar person. He spends too much time surrounded by his friends (of all types).

"Hey!"

Someone snaps his fingers in front of my eyes and I blink up in surprise. A medium-built guy with his friends behind him awkwardly waits at my startled behavior. I've known them since middle school. These guys also live with a dented reputation after getting caught selling drugs on campus last year. His name was Sean.

"Sorry," I murmur in embarrassment. Involuntarily, my focus sets on Arsen whenever he falls in my line of vision. My friends had gone to the lunch line to get their lunches, hence no one else sat selling tickets besides me.

"I wanted to buy ten balloons." He hands me the right amount for ten water balloons and nods a thanks at me before entering the war zone with his buddies. I watch the show, determining the correct approach towards Arsen without receiving any injuries. Fulfilling someone's last wish is crucial.

What if the man haunts me?

Dear god, no!

Turning my attention back to the matter at hand, I find Isa and Danie returning from the lunch line while chattering loudly. We switch quickly, so I can get my lunch. The fundraiser continues, wetting the principal and the floor. As I'm heading out the lunch line, I hear thunderous sounds and come in contact with a water balloon smack on my face. Before it hits me, a small of glimpse of the culprit catch my vision.

Blinking my eyes rapidly, I don't know how to respond or react.

My entire face is soaked, including the front of my shirt.

About ten feet away from me, Arsen's face show neither remorse or guilt. He hit me! Actually he missed the person who was standing in front of me.

Surveying the scene, I conclude the fundraiser has turned into a water balloon fight between Arsen's and Sean's groups. The administrators and the principal attempt to stop the teenage guys without getting wet--an impossible task! Without sparing another glance at them, I head towards my friends, however, someone runs and hides behind me, hands on my shoulders to protect himself from the water balloon attacks. I realize it's Sean and try to shrug his hands of my shoulders.

"Leave me alone!" I snap.

Needless to say, Sean has dragged me into warzone.

Arsen doesn't even care as he chucks more and more water balloons my way to hit Sean. Instead, all hit various part of my body--none of which I appreciate.

"Get out of the way, Valerie," Arsen mutters through clenched teeth. A part of my heart feels a tug and flinches at him using my full name. He used to have a special nickname for me, that he only held the rights to utilize.

Arsen steps in front of me, a bucket full of balloons in one hand and a hand with a balloon reaching around, trying to bring down the already ducking opponent. I try to step sideways, however Arsen presses up further, his drenched body not quite touching me due to the foam lunch tray while he attacks his enemy, gluing me in the spot.