I promise... (Chapter 5)

Author's Note:

Heyy peeps! *waves* Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! =)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

<Saffron’s P.O.V>

Deep breaths, Saffron. Take deep breaths.

In. Out.

In. Out.

Once I got my heart beating at its normal pace, I let my mind wander to what happened just now.

I was walking, thinking about everyone’s reaction when they saw me. It was priceless! The way their jaws slacked and eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. I really wish I took a picture of that.

Anyways, I was smiling to myself until I hit a wall - or so I thought. It couldn’t be a wall, though. It was muscle-ey and warm.

Kayden.

Why, oh why couldn’t it have been someone else? Seeing him unleashed all those emotions I was trying to bury deep in my heart and mind.

Tears entered my line of vision. No, I refuse to cry over him anymore. I already wasted two years of my life doing that. There’s no way I’m about to waste any more tears on that jerk. That heartless prick.

I wonder if he cried all those times I did? I wonder if he lost his appetite, was moody, had sleepless nights, closed himself away from others and felt as lonely as I did. Why the hell did he push me away? What did I do wrong?

Tears stung in my eyes as I thought back to how miserable I was for two years. I bit my lip in an attempt to stop the tears falling. No, Saffron. No more crying. He isn’t worth your tears.

The dull ache in my chest caused me to take a deep, shaky breath. I felt my throat clog up and I knew the waterworks would start.

No, no, no, no, no! Keep it together, damnit! A little voice in my head screamed at me.

Too late, I thought as I let out a choked sob. Oh no.

I ran towards the washroom, just as the hot tears spilled down my cheeks. I closed the door and slid down, my back against it. I cradled my knees to my chest, put my head down and silently let the tears flow.

Why am I so messed up? Kayden was like my pillar of support, my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my everything. But once he left, I was completely shattered. Broken, lost and lonely. His smile would brighten my day and his crazy antics would make me laugh. I felt alive whenever he was around me. But when he drifted away from me, it was as if he took a piece of me with him. It was like I was dead.

I felt pathetic as I slowly stopped crying. Anyone would have thought that after those first two years I ran out of tears to cry. Why the hell am I crying? Crying over him, especially. He doesn’t deserve my tears. I am not going to cry over him anymore. No way.

I stood up, sniffing and wiping away my tears. Walking over to the mirror, I saw that my eyes were puffy and red. My tear-streaked face was pale. Quickly, I cleaned my face, trying my best not to ruin the make-up Ari did for me. Checking the time on my watch, I realized I was twenty minutes late for class!

“Shit,” I muttered as I picked up my stuff and raced out of the washroom towards my calculus class.

“Alright, class. Please take out your- Yes? How may I help you?” Mr Thomas asked once he heard me knocking on the door. I gave him a weird look. Why is he asking me that? I’ve been in his class for a year already.