I promise... (Chapter 3)

Chapter 3

<Saffron’s P.O.V>

“Whew! Man, that was one hell of a mess,” Ari sighed and slumped down onto the bed. I mirrored her actions. Who knew scrubbing could drain the energy out of you?

“Well then, down to business,” Ari mumbled, pushing herself up into a sitting position.

I frowned. “What business?” What the hell is she talking about? She raised her eyebrows at me, staring at my face. I gave her a blank look. What is she on about?

She rolled her eyes at me. “Really, Saff? Are you suffering from short-term memory loss? What did I tell you in the car yesterday?”

 I thought back to yesterday. I vaguely remembered her talking away in my car and I nodded to everything she had said. But, for the life of me, I couldn’t remember what she was saying. I smiled sheepishly at her.

She shook her head. “Saff, what am I gonna do with you?”

“Just tell me already!” I am never good with surprises. But then again, who is?

“Geez, relax, woman. We’re going to the mall.”

“The mall?! But-“

She cut me off. “Ah, ah, ah. You already agreed to it. No backing out, lady,” she waved her finger in my face. “Besides, this will be fun!” she exclaimed, but I didn’t miss the evil glint in eyes.

I gulped. Oh crap.

~*~

Ten minutes later, I was being dragged out of my house towards my car, by my hair. Ari was stomping furiously towards it, gripping my hair in a death grip. Sam stood in the doorway, laughing his head off. Asshole. I guess hiding from Ari in the store room didn’t work out…

“Hair! Hair! Hair! Hair! Hair!” I kept chanting. “Owww… What was that for?” I threw her a glare once she finally released my hair. My scalp was tingling due to her tugging on my chestnut brown locks.

“Next time, don’t bother hiding from me. I’ll definitely find you, ‘cause I’m amazing like that,” she bragged as she walked over to the passenger side of the car.

“Amazing? Why don’t you kiss my ass,” I mumbled, rubbing my head and trying to tame my messed up hair. No thanks to Ari.

“You wish,” she said to me once I settled my butt onto my seat. Ignoring her, I started the car and pulled out of the driveway. All the way to the mall, she kept talking about what outfit we were going to buy and also the type of shoes that would go along with it. She even thought about the colours. She’s a friggin’ chatterbox when she wants to be. My hands were itching to stuff a few tissue papers in her mouth just to shut her up.

Finally, after what seemed like hours but were only minutes, we were in the mall. I jumped out of the car happily, conveniently interrupting her about what coloured clothes would look nice on me. Are us girls supposed to be like that? Don’t get me wrong, I love shopping and all, but today Ari changed my mind about it.

“Alright babe, let’s get this party started!” she rubbed her hands together in excitement and squealed. She then grabbed my arm and pulled me into the mall.

This is gonna be a long day.

~*~

“I swear, I’ll never step into a mall with you ever again,” I huffed as I plopped my butt onto my seat. I winced as my eyes fell onto the backseat of my car. There were about a dozen bags piled up there. Who spends five hours at the mall? Obviously Ari does. I’m exhausted here and she is still bouncing excitedly in hr seat, grinning like a fool. What is she made up of?