I promise... (Chapter 2)

Chapter 2

<Saffron’s P.O.V>

“Saffie! Wakey wakey!” a cute little voice called. I felt a weight on my stomach. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes, stretching my hands over my head. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Light filled my room through the now open windows.

As my eyes adjusted, I saw Sapphire, my 4-year-old sister, looking at me. “Hey Phire, what time is it?” I asked groggily as I pulled her up to sit on my lap. I kissed her cheek and she giggled.

“It’s 8. Mom made pancakes! Oh, and Ari’s downstairs, waiting for you,” she said as she wrapped her tiny arms around my neck and gave me a ‘good morning hug’.

I hugged her back. “Someone missed me yesterday, huh?” I teased as I flicked her cute little nose.

She looked up at me, her chocolate brown eyes lighting up with excitement. “Yeah! Where were you? I missed you,” she fake-pouted. Then her eyes lit up again as she continued to tell me what happened in pre-school. She rambled on about them making structures with Lego and baking cookies. At that my stomach growled.

“Okay, Phire. Get outta here. I’ll be down in a few, okay?” I told her as I lifted her up from my lap.

“Okie dokie!” she sang as she ran to the door. She is so cute! Sighing, I got up and headed for the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a long, warm shower. I love warm showers. Throwing on a grey tank top and a pair of shorts, I headed down to the kitchen.

“Morning Mom! Morning Dad!” I called as I skipped into the kitchen. Ariana, Samuel, Sapphire and Dad were sitting at the table. Phire was sitting on Sam’s lap.

“Morning hun. Slept well?” Mom asked as she put some pancakes onto a plate for me. I gave her a kiss on her cheek and took my plate from her. Walking over to the fridge, I took out the whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

“Yeah. Sure did,” I told her as I set my plate down onto the table. “Hey Dad,” I went over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled slightly, eyes still on the newspaper in  his hands.

“Hey kiddo. What are you and Ariana up to today?” My dad asked, eyes never leaving the paper.

“Mrergumnfovemall,” Ari tried to answer with her mouth full. Dad coughed and tried to hide his laugh. Sam snickered while Phire giggled. Mom let out a small chuckle. I tried my hardest not to laugh at her. But, when she gave us a confused look, I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach and holding the back of my chair. Soon, everyone else joined in, even Ari.

“W-what’s so f-funny?” she asked between laughs.

“Your face! You should’ve seen your face!” I told her. I laughed harder as I pictured her face in my mind again. My eyes had tears in them and I couldn’t see properly. Suddenly, I felt something sticky and sweet-smelling being squirted on my face. I stopped laughing and brought a hand up to my face. There was strawberry sauce all over it! Why that little-

“Ariana!!!” I yelled. “This means WAR!!!” I fist-pumped the air and screamed out a war cry. Everyone had stopped laughing for awhile, but they started again after seeing my face.

“Bring it on, loser!” she yelled back. Loser, huh? I grabbed the whipped cream and chocolate sauce and marched over to her. As soon as she saw me in front of her, she stopped laughing. Her eyes widened as she saw what was in my hands. I smirked at her. This is gonna be fun.

Before she could react, I squirted whipped cream onto her shocked face. Then, I squirted chocolate sauce onto her head. She stood there, staring at me as her mouth hung open. I started laughing again at her face, almost rolling on the floor. Tears blurred my vision as I clutched my stomach. Everyone else started laughing, even Mom and Dad.

“Food fight!” I heard Sam shout. Just as I regained my breath, another sticky substance was dumped onto my head. Maple syrup. That could only mean…

“SAMUEL!!! YOU FUDGE-BALLING BUFFOON!!!” I screamed as I picked myself up from the floor and threw myself at my pathetic excuse of a twin brother.

“AAAAHHHH!” Sam yelled as he ran away from me. Sapphire was giggling madly as she saw me chase Sam around the table. Ari was laughing at us both. Mom and Dad stayed clear of the table and were leaning against the kitchen counter, chuckling and shaking their heads at us. They were both smart to move away from the table because this wasn’t the first time a food fight had started in the house.

“Come back here, Sam!” I yelled as I stood at one end of the table.

“C’mon, Saff, at least make an effort to catch me! I haven’t even broken a sweat yet and you’re sweating like a pig already. Geez, you’re that unfit?” he teased. Oh that boy is so gonna get it. Looking around me, I tried to gather up enough ammo. Then, I spotted Ari creeping up on Sam with a bottle of mayo in one hand and a bottle of mustard in another. I winked at her and smirked at Sam. He shot me a confused look before understanding showed in his eyes. He turned around to face Ari.

“Ari, don’t do that. Seriously you’re gonna regret if you do,” Sam said as he held his hands up in a ‘surrender’ position. He laughed nervously. Ari just smirked at him, her eyes twinkling with mischief. Before he even blinked, Ari squeezed both the bottles and mustard and mayo was all over his face. Ari, Phire, Mom and Dad doubled over with laughter and I laughed quietly to myself.

As Sam chased Ari around, I saw that as my chance. I crept over to the fridge like a ninja. Hell yeah, I’m an awesome ninja, I thought to myself smugly.

I pulled open the fridge door and grabbed everything within my reach. I laughed evilly to myself. Woah, this is gonna be great, I thought to myself. With my arms full, I belted out, “Eat this suckers!”

Everyone’s head snapped up and turned in my direction.

And that’s when all hell broke lose.

~*~

Fifteen minutes later, the kitchen looked like a war zone. Food was everywhere. All over the floor, on the wall and obviously on us. What surprised me the most was when Mom and Dad joined in. Even Sapphire got involved this time. We were all lying on the floor, panting and grinning like idiots.

“Oh my gosh, look at this mess! It’s gonna take ages to clean this up!” Mom whined breathlessly, looking over at Dad. “Ethan! We would need to call in a few maids for this,” Mom huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and pouted, looking exactly like a kid. All of us laughed at her face. My parents always acted childish.

Dad looked thoughtful for a moment. Suddenly, his eyes lit up and he smirked at all of us. “Rayne, I think I may have a solution for that…” The evil glint in his eye made me gulp. Oh boy.

~*~

And that was how we spent our Saturday morning, cleaning the kitchen.

What a nice way to start the day. Not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Heyyyyyyyy people! =D

Here's chapter 2! Hope you guys liked it. =)

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

I'm dedicating this chapter to iAdorable! She made me that awesome cover. =D Thanks babe! I love it!!! =)

Picture at the right is Ariana =D

Mars <3