Chapter 7

Hey guys, I'm glad I've developed a few fans. I'm sorry this chapters a little longer than the others and that it has taken so long to get to the action. i personally like this chapter the best. Enjoy! :)

Paintball?

            In a monotone voice, both men said simultaneously, “You will be facing eight opponents. One shot must hit each of them. You will be given a pistol with eight shots loaded into it. Your brother Trent may not help you.” Then one man took hold of Trent and led him back to the table where the old man was.

            “I’m not going to kill anyone!” exclaimed Marcus.

            “No, we wouldn’t intentionally kill any of our own members,” chuckled the man who handed Marcus a small pistol that was identical to the one Drake had used today and made Marcus shoot the day before. “These are paintball bullets manufactured by the brightest here. They explode upon impact with flesh, but it won’t kill, it is basically an aerodynamic paint ball. It will leave a nasty bruise. Now have a good sleep!” Marcus was shocked as the man jabbed a needle into his neck.

            “Aw, you guys have got to stop doing this!” exclaimed Marcus as he crumpled to the ground. The last image Marcus had as he fell asleep was that of the laughing man.

            Marcus woke up in somewhat of a daze. He looked around to find himself in a very large, dark room. Marcus looked down and saw that he was dressed in an all-black jumpsuit and the pistol tucked into the holster on his belt. He looked at his arm and found a wide glowing screen. The old man was on the screen.

            “Ah, you’ve woken up! I believe my friend has told you of the little training exercise we have designed for you. We have strategically placed eight sharp shooters within this course. You are to shoot them each down. There is one bullet for each person. We will start in thirty seconds. Prepare yourself,” the old man said as the screen went dark.

            Marcus pulled out the pistol and looked around the giant room. About halfway down the room, he saw a foot sticking out from behind a giant slab of stone. He attempted to shoot the gun but found that the safety was on. He tried to pull the safety off but found that it was locked firmly in place, so he lowered his entire body to the floor and waited…

            A couple seconds later, he heard his gun make a soft ping. He saw the foot move and as the figure from behind the stone came into full vision, Marcus shot him dead in the face. The figure looked stunned as he hit the ground hard. Another man came rushing up to check on the guy who had collapsed almost as soon as the training had started. He met the same fate as the first. A head shot as he fell to the ground with the same expression on his face. Marcus smiled and thought; two down, six to go. Marcus crouched down and waited for victim number three.

            The next one had no idea what was happening. His screen showed that two of his comrades had fallen even though the game had only started a minute ago. They had been warned that he was gifted; but that he had already shot down two men was freaky. He saw the two bodies next to each other, and he stopped moving. He braced himself for the bullet that he knew would come. And sure enough, a small powerful bullet collided with his temple and he crumpled to the ground like his friends.

            Marcus laughed as the third man fell to the ground. This was going to be way too easy for him. The next two victims crept up to the bodies like fools, thinking that they could somehow find the kid nearby. Marcus decided to make them look bad. He shot the bullet at the first man’s head at an angle, where it ricocheted and smashed into the second one’s head. Marcus rolled on the floor, dying of laughter at these fools. He now had taken out five men with four shots. These specially trained sharp shooters were turning out to be no challenge for Marcus. He looked down to see the screen on his arm glowing again.

            The old man was back. “All right you freak. You’ve managed to scare the mess out of our finest sharp shooters. I now understand your capabilities.” And for the third time in two days, Marcus felt a tranquilizer dart dig itself into his neck.