100 Percent

So, I'm gonna upload the first few chapters of this story and continue writing. My first story on here was a short story, and this is my second and first real story. Enjoy :) Feel free to comment and fan me :) Please vote for my story as well. Thanks everyone

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One

Challenge What?

            “That’s one…two…three…” said Trent.

            Two hours later, Trent was still counting his brother’s foul shots. Marcus made hundreds of shots every day. Trent had never seen Marcus miss a shot. Trent was sixteen and his brother Marcus was thirteen. They lived in a rich neighborhood surrounded by tons of white folks. Trent being black and Marcus being Spanish, it was difficult for them to fit in. When they got to seven hundred, Trent decided it was time to stop.

            “Let’s head to the fair now,” Trent suggested.

            “Sure, I like winning all those things for one or two dollars bro.” He went inside to grab fifty dollars and his mom asked him where they were going. Michelle was a single mom that worked for NASA and had adopted her two sons. She was white yet she had adopted Spanish and African children.

            “To the fair, Ma, I need a new XBOX,” Marcus said with a wink. His mom chuckled knowingly.

            “Get me a teddy bear honey.” His mom said, still chuckling. Marcus smiled in embarrassment and slipped out of the house. The fair was down the street and Marcus always came home with arms full of assorted toys and prizes from the challenge booths that managed to rip off everyone else.

            At the fair, Trent and Marcus met up with their friends and went their separate ways. Marcus and his buddies headed straight for the three point challenge.. The prizes were as follows:

THREE POINT CHALLENGE

One to three shots

Stuffed animal

Four to seven shots

Mini Basketball

Eight to eleven shots

Basketball

Twelve to nineteen shots

City Basketball

Twenty shots

CHOICE

            Marcus looked at the board and moaned, “Aw, I wanted a teddy bear!”

            The guy collecting money and running the challenge looked at Marcus and said, “Son, you only have to make one shot.” Marcus fell on the floor and started laughing. Marcus handed the man five dollars to play and thought about his reign of terror that was about to arrive.

            “That’s not the problem, sir, I only need one of your XBOX’s, but me and my friends are each going to have two or three by the time I decide that I’m done.” The man looked at the confident little kid and smiled to himself. That smile turned into tears an hour later when Marcus cleaned out the man’s inventory. Marcus walked out of there, having no clue he was being followed…