Chapter Nineteen: I Just Want You to Know Who I am

Dedication to one awesome fan:] She has stayed true to this story and I greatly appreciate all the votes and Comments she gives to it! Speaking of her comments,

I absolutely love reading them, they always make me laugh :D stay fresh bro!

Chapter 19: I Just Want You to Know Who I Am

“And I don't want the world to see me

Cuz I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am.”

-Iris, Goo Goo Dolls

“Speedy you should really reconsider.”

“Not happening.”

“But everyone asked you to go!”

“Don’t care.”

“Even after everyone forgave you so easily?”

My eyes widened a fraction as those words came out of her mouth. She had me. I couldn’t deny that I owed the few that forgave me more than my life for understanding a situation as confusing as mine and taking me back as if nothing had happened. I owed it to them to go to that game. To cheer them on as they win the covenant bragging rights they so rightly deserved. But this didn’t mean I was going to submit to the obvious logic of this engagement and go down without a fight for a lost cause. I am Austin Rodriguez that is just how I do.

“But Blaine might be there!” forget that we all know he is going to be there. He sort of has no choice in that matter he is a part of the damn team. Hell, he is the quarterback and captain.

“Well, you need to talk to him anyway so it’s like killing two birds with one stone!” Nikki reasoned.

I shook my head furiously letting my chocolate curls swim around my face, “He doesn’t want to talk to me or see me!”

“How do you know that is true?” Drew asked cocking her hip.

“You’re kidding right!” I screamed exasperated. Did she really think that he would want to speak to the man… err, I mean woman who lied to him! The woman who tricked him into thinking she was a man, who became his most trusted friend only to unwillingly be divulged to the whole student population- well the football team and their parents. Hell, I don’t even want to talk to myself right now!

“Well maybe he actually does want to see you so that you can explain,” Drew suggested.

“If he really did he would have called.”

“He is a guy! He isn’t going to come crawling to you, he is too prideful to do that,” Nikki resumed screaming at me trying to change my mind.

“Stop yelling at me,” I retorted trying to discreetly change the subject.

“I am doing no such thing! I am just speaking at a higher volume than I normally do! Stop trying to change the subject,” damn she caught on.

“I am doing no such thing,” I replied head held high; hand over my heart and my mouth agape, appalled at her harsh, yet true words.

“Drew, grab her!” I yelped as the 5’8 blonde demon took hold of both my ankles and began to drag me through the hallway and down the stairs giving me carpet burns and banging my shins against the floor, yeah that hurt like a bitch, towards Nikki’s truck. Before I could blink and respond coherently we were headed down Jones-Maltsburger towards Heroes Stadium.