04.

04. therapy

harry felt the bed move, causing his eyes to flutter open in utter confusion. then he saw lily putting on an oversized shirt and proceeding to the balcony.

he didn't say anything, instead he just watched her every move. so far, she didn't realize that he was awake yet.

she sat on one of the stools and typed something on her phone, a frown on her lips. then she brought the item to her left ear and started talking.

harry couldn't hear her, so he decided to get up to his feet and moved closer so he could listen to her conversation with the person on the line. he didn't care that he was being nosy.

"it happened again

"it happened again." was what he heard, causing more confusion for his part. what happened again?

"i think – i think i might have something wrong with me." she stuttered, biting on her nails nervously. she didn't speak for a while, the young boy reckoned that she was listening to what the other person had to say.

"therapy?" her voice raised at the end, suddenly perking up. "do you.. do you think that would work?"

after the quick quietness, she heaved out a heavy sigh. "i know, i know. it's been a year, but can you blame me? what we had was something i treasured dearly. i didn't expect for everything to be gone just like that."

then she ran a hand through her hair, fixing the tangled strands. "this whole thing is driving me insane. it– it felt so real, wendy."

so she was talking to her friend, wendy. harry knew her, they were actually friends before he met lily.

"i know i was drunk, but i swear to god that i felt it." she whispered, her voice shaking. "if you felt it, you would know."

harry couldn't help his curiosity to grow bigger and bigger. what was she talking about?

"you're right. i should see a therapist." she sighed. soon she forced a smile and bid goodbye to her friend. "yeah sure, see you later."

lily ended the call and put her phone down. as she stared off into space, harry was now behind her, frowning hard.