Chapter 16- Lee

Lee sits at the fire, Kieran sitting across from him.
" Gideon's been destroyed, we can't go back there, so......should we find the others?"
Lee shakes his head, " No, Caroline can handle herself, she has her own desires,".
Kieran is confused, " What? I thought you loved-".
" Well clearly she doesn't! She thinks we abandoned her back in the woods! She'll never forgive us!" Lee snaps.
" Maybe she will," Kieran says, "Lee , she'll believe that we had to get out,".
Lee nods, he then gets up. " I'm going to get some rest, you can take first watch,".
Lee then lied down, he drifts off into sleep. He dreams of his past few months as a survivor of The Fall........

He waited in the school for his parents to show up so he could head to the Safe Haven.
Kids were leaving quick, he saw Caroline leave with her Mom as soon as they were all evacuated to the gym. Then Phora, he had heard she was headed to the New York Safe Haven. The riots and the rabid people had terrified people so much that everyone that school was cancelled for the rest of the year. Even when it was only March!

Lee was one of the last kids in the gym, along with everyone of the Students who attacked the Safe House in the woods. Then the teachers soon left, then the lights went off. They abandoned them, all of them. How could they?

Kieran then had taken leadership...............
Until Evan arrived a month later, he was desperate, wanting to survive. Saying his family killed by a girl, Caroline, then as the months went on he weaved his way to the top. He then started to commit executions, Lee attempted to end Kieran's little brothers execution. But he was burned, by the Rod.

Caroline then arrived two weeks later..........then he left, then they kissed, then they survived, then they were safe, then......then, they were separated. It ended, Lee woke up. Gasping for air, he cries for a long time to himself.